Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 21 June 2023

Little things

 Another new week, how quickly they fly by, Monday was a lazy day, as a treat daughter and I had a spa day, well just a few hours and lunch. Pure rest and relax, lunch was the best bit, this is our local spa and it's not that great, both our meals were wonderful, it's going to be a busy week, so a good start.

Both cats are sleeping ontop of their igloo beds, it's much cooler, don't they look comfortable, both Molly and George leaves them alone when they settle on these beds. They have other spots to snuggle on, both prefer to settle here. Grace was watching me the whole time, Purdy sleeps through everything. 


My sewing is coming along, it's such a restful thing to do, the left hand side is finished, I do love the purple heart and the outer bands, which filled the last space on this side. I have also added the shades of green design, which fits into the space above the gold band.

I am now adding more designs on the right. I look at my design folder and choose something I want to stitch, then I find a spot to place it and finally I chose the colour to use, it sounds hap hazard, but for me it does work, 

These little people are with us again, we will have them all this week, mummy/daughter has had an operation on her foot, after waiting to get to the top of the list, so Nanna and Grancha as having daily fun with them. Tuesday was dinosaur day, lots of roars.

My sewing machine is packed away, I did not get any sewing done, which is OK , I can get it all out once my Nanna duties are done. I am itching to use my machine, I do enjoy sewing, items can be made so quickly.

Early Tuesday morning we finally got our heavy rain storm, we were up at 5.30am to collect George and Molly for a play day, mummy had an early hospital start,  everywhere felt so fresh and lovely, the ground has had a good soak, I now have three full water butts again, so for a while I was happy, sadly the leak hubby hoped he fixed is dripping again so we will purchase a new one.

Doing the school run is good for my steps, the nursery and school are either end of a long road, I park closer to the nursery on days the little ones are in, Will is happy to walk into school, so I get my steps without having to do extra walks. Monday on my spa day I did not reach my 7000 target.

4 comments:

  1. Your time at the spa certainly got the week off well.
    Hope your daughter heals well and quickly after her foot operation.
    Looking after the little-ones will keep you busy and fit!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very busy and the stitching is lovely. I like what you have chosen to fill those areas with.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your spa day looked lovely. I could just jump into that swimming pool. Hope your daughter recovers well from her op. The cross stitch is looking beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Typically, neither of my cats use the igloo bed I bought. I think it will be going to the charity shop.
    A spa day sounds wonderful. X

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails