Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 28 June 2023

Busy doing nothing

I have added a few more patterns, most were stitched over the weekend, I have not brought it with me to daughters house, so it's on pause for a while, I am working on the green flower pattern, I started the yellow, which is a big design, but I'm not happy, I think I might just finish the flower centre part of the design.
We watched some of Glastonbury on TV, loved Yusuf Cat Stevens, cringed all through Blondie, sadly her voice has gone, the band played so well, loved Rick Astley and adored Sir Elton John, we both watched him live, and then watched it again on Monday night, he is such a great performer, with so many iconic songs, which have become the tracks of our years. 
Nana duties is taking all my time, it's a role I love, time each day with Molly and George, taking and collecting Will from school, I'm sleeping over until early next week. Daughter is walking on her foot, but can't walk far and can't drive, Wills school is too far away to walk.

I do have a book to read, but very little reading time, all the children are in bed by 7.30pm,  daughter and I enjoy a few peaceful hours.

We have not had any rain, none was promised, the storms are all north of us, which happens every year, the south east is the driest area in UK followed by the south coast. Its been dry and cloudy in the past three days, which has helped me and our garden. But I am still hopeful we will get rain, hubby has installed our new larger 200ltrs water but, so enough rain to fill it would make me very happy.

3 comments:

  1. We watched Elton John and he was fabulous, a great concert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eddie and I watched Elton John too ... amazing.

    Hope your daughter continues to heal well.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your Grandmother duties. Love Elton John and Rick Astley.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails