Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 15 February 2023

Crafting

Pure joy, I am loving stitching this design, I finally got to the outer red section, for the first time you can see the whole of this design, it's very simple and very pretty. I am not working on this project much, my crochet lap blanket for hubby is priority, but as always it waits for me to return to it.
  I am going to keep going, it is big, but does not look out of place here. The green thread is just spare I tacked through the fabric, waiting until I need it again. This left side is fulling up, after this design I don't have anything planed to go here
As promised my Tunisian blanker for hubby, I am not making squares as hubby wanted stripes, the gold stripes are much smaller only 14 stitches, the red and navy are 30 stitches, I will make, gold, navy, red, navy, gold, navy, red, navy, gold. I work on the navy whilst the light is good, and then I manage a bit longer on the red, I can only work on this in natural daylight, the yarn colours are just to dark.
I have drawn the designs on my wheel, my light box did not work very well as the fabric I am using is very dense, I have moved things around and still have space. I want to sew these first so I can see how the spaces looks, to decide what to fill it with. I used a fine liner pen I had, in brown, which I think will be able to stitch over. 

Most of my time was spent working on the above blanket, I've got the gold and navy band to correct length, I'm half way for the red, I am using James Brett Top Value DK, and once again with this brand I have already had one ball (red) with 2 knots in, which always annoys me, as I hate to see a join in my work. I am using just under 100grms for each wider panel, so I have purchased too much yarn. 

I have not picked a book up to read this month yet, I think I have too many crafting projects on the go, plus I have loads of badges from a neighbours son cub's pack to go on his blanket, he is now going to scouts. My SIL has given me 3 pairs of work trousers to take up, he works for F1, and they provide all the work clothes, but the trousers only come in long length.

Having said in my post 1st Feb, I had 67 hexagon flowers, I have stitched more, I wanted to use as many of the sewn hexagons as I could, now all I have left in small amounts of each design and colour, so I will make them into random colour flowers, I already have 6 left over from my sewing machine cover. I have enjoyed the hand stitching of these, just something simple to keep me busy. 

7 comments:

  1. I love the way that your craft projects are so personal and you are happy to take so much time over each one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't normally have so many being worked on at the same time, and each project is a big one, but the 1 thing I have is loads of time. I could not work on anything which I did not enjoy.

      Delete
  2. That design is just so intricate and beautiful....remind me as I've forgotten, what's it going to be when it's finished? Hubby will love his blanket, perfect colours for a man (I know he chose the colours). xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cross stitch I will make into a huge cushion, with green fabric on the back, this will be used in our bedroom. The colours hubby choose are the colours for Welsh Guards, he loves the red and blues.

      Delete
  3. You do some beautiful embroidery with many different designs. You must have the patience of many saints. Looking forward to your wheel being filled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly have a lot of craft / sewing work on at the moment.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stitch-work is absolutely gorgeous! And I just love all those colours. X

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails