Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 12 February 2023

Changes

Our home is full of promise, these amaryllis are both white and both have second buds reaching a good height. My third bulb has just started to show growth, that will bring colour for a change in a few weeks. 
This cactus lives in our downstairs bathroom, it's not a warm room through the winter months, but the window does catch any sunshine, it flowers every November, so I'm please to see extra buds here, the colour is just brilliant. 
My Albuca Spiralis Frizzle Sizzle, has looked good for weeks in the sunny spot on my desk, I have two flower heads growing, I've never had these on this plant before, I have checked and they can produce large yellow -green flowers, with a strong vanilla fragrance on each spike. 

As always the office warm sunny spot is full of plants, it's always full here, which I love. Including my new plant purchased on a recent trip to a garden centre for coffee. The radiator under the desk adds heat. 
Will has had a double sleep over, mummy came over on Friday with all 3 children, we had lunch out at our local bistro, and then Will stayed when mummy went home, Saturday was a very early start, with a lazy morning inside and out in the garden after lunch. Today was another early start, we will pop him home later this morning, so he can have some time with daddy, Will did suggest he sleep a 3rd night, but I think I need a later start to the morning tomorrow. He helped plant up pots with Grancha, this one is for the front garden.

I do have a problem looming in my office, our new windows are being fitted on 16th, that's not the issue, once they have been installed, we are going to have wooden shutters fitted to both front windows, much easier to control sunlight entering the room and very much easier to keep clean. The issue I will have is there will be no room to pop plants on the window sill, as you can see, it's a good spot for plants. I am going to have to rethink all my houseplants, which thrive here in our sunny office, I can't spread them out as hubby is not a fan of plants inside, I have to clear all the office space close to the windows, so I will have to get clever when popping everything back. 

Again nothing much has happened, we have an issue with hubby's new leather chair, the dye from his jeans is marking the leather, something which has never happened before, we have had loads of leather furniture. A man came cleaned the leather and basically told him he needs to cover the chair when wearing his jeans or simply stop wearing jeans, the lady from the shop called later and said the same thing, we are both livid, but looking online, there is nothing we can do. 

Thank you so much for your comments on my last post, it's good to hear so many of your feel the same way about bloggers and their post, here is our real, unperfect world, we live full lives and support each other along the way, your comments were very much appreciated, we all love to see a comment after our post.  


8 comments:

  1. I don't know how long you have had your sofa but don't be fobbed off, it's the quality of the leather that is at fault. I fought DFS over an issue, it took time but I won as I knew my consumer rights, they collected the sofa and I had a full refund.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very odd about the leather chair. Telling your husband to stop wearing jeans isn't very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have lost quite a few things this winter . I lost my Frizzle Sizzle , yours looks fab !

      Delete
  3. The first flower on my amarylis is now in full flower and looks glorious. Definitely worth waiting for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a cream leather sofa and chair from DFS and the colour does rub off from jeans on to it. I'm forever cleaning the seat to remove the marks.
    A lovely photo of Will. How lovely that he wanted to stay another night! Bless him :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely photograph of Will, he's planted everything very nicely :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. How strange about the leather and wearing jeans. My hubby wears jeans all the time on his leather recliner.

    Will took a lovely picture helping you to pot things up.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails