Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 9 February 2023

Blog Anniversary

 Today I am starting my 15th year as a blogger, my 1st, very simple post was here, it was a dull wet February day, and my eldest daughter helped me on my blogging trip. So much has changed, we moved from a town house to a bungalow in a local village, we both have retired and changed our lives. We had 1 young grandson Josh, who is 18 years old this year, we now have 8 grandsons and 1 grand daughter.

I have published 10 books of 11 years of blogging, my 1st book was 2009 and 2010 together, these are just for me, I love pulling them out and looking back, having a narrative with the photo's allows more memories to come back. I can check on how our home and garden became what it is today. This post gives more information as well. I am struggling with editing 2020, so much happened in that year, I would love to get on and publish, 2020, 21, 22.

My crafting has changed, but not my love of cross stich and sewing, in my December post my spending chart was shown, and this showed which crafts were flourishing and which crafts had been lapsed over the years. Cross stitching is much lower, I have a huge stash of silks and fabrics, I hardly ever need to purchase more, if I don't have the correct colour, I can always find a close match. Glass and cardmaking are no longer made, I have sold all the glass making stuff, I have kept my card and cardmaking equipment, I'm sure the grandchildren will get loads of use as they get older. 

What none of the above shows, is my love of reading your blogs, there is such an array of social media, many bloggers have simply disappeared, which is a shame, I love Instagram, but I don't use any other platforms, Blogger has everything I want and need. Most mornings I start my day sat at my desktop, catching up with your lives from around the world, many of you on small holdings, a life I would have loved (sadly my hubby's nightmare), always with a huge mug of fresh coffee. 

I have changed, it would be strange not to change in 14 years, slowing down your life as you get older is normal, wanting to remove waste and consumer led lives, living simple healthy together is our goal, it's working we both feel much better. So much in our world is now fake, media showing these beautiful lives lived, often photo's are altered to perfection, why?  I am so glad we are not young in this world, I love the real world here in blog land. Hopefully I will be able to continue for years to come, writing and reading blogs, but it still amazes me that you like to read the stuff I write, I'm just a mid aged (not admitting to anything else) woman with a simple life and opinions, and nothing outstanding. 


16 comments:

  1. Happy blogging anniversary Marlene. I'm impressed you have your blogs in journals, mine are just kept online and made private every now and again, your way is much better they will never be lost. The last three years have been difficult for everyone, so much happened in my family with illness and loss and much of it far too private to blog about. You start your day as do mine, a cup of coffee and catch up with blogs, even if I don't always comment I do read them. I'll bookmark this blog post as a reminder to keep on blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes thank you for blogging Marlene, I love to read your blogs and am sure we will meet up soon. I'm another one who reads blogs first thing with my mug of frothy coffee....like Eileen, I don't always comment but always read my favourite blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 15th Blogging Anniversary. I agree with you about Blogland being real and down to earth. I like instagram, but there is a lot of perfection there. I find perfection boring. Imperfection is what makes us human.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your 15 years - I'm very bad at commenting but always read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations from one of your regulars!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has always been a pleasure to read your blog, thsnk you for 14 years of interesting reading and of course your crossstitch. I am still getting rid of 'stuff' and have been spurred on by you and other comments.. soon I'll be showing that end bed room set up with my table and machine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! That is a real accomplishment. I also always read but seldom comment and love hearing the details of your everyday life. Your blog makes me feel cozy! x Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your 15 years of blogging. It's a shame so many people have given up on blogging, I much prefer it over any other form of social media. I occasionally look at insta but rarely post, I find it impersonal and full of people who portray shiny, happy, perfect lives. Blogging takes more time but I think it's far better. Wishing you many more blogging years :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Blog Anniversary.
    Here's to many more :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that's a great anniversary to reach - congratulations! For myself, I find blogland much more personal than other social media. It's just that bit slower and seems more real somehow. I hope you get to keep blogging for many more years to come yet :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on 15 years of blogging - I too enjoy hearing about other people's real daily lives - so much is portrayed on social media that feels quite false. Here's to many more blogging years.😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Blogging Anniversary. I hope you have many more.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy anniversary and well done for keeping on blogging. It is wonderful to have such a journal but my goodness doesn’t the time wizz by.
    www.mylifeinflipflops.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy anniversary, Marlene, 15 years blogging is quite an achievement! I always enjoy reading your posts 😊

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! That's a great achievement. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on your blog anniversary. You started blogging just a few weeks before I did, I started on the 1st of April but on my other blog, Through The Keyhole was born the following year. It's nice to look back on old posts, I can imagine that looking back through a book adds an extra something to it. So many changes over the years.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails