Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 6 September 2022

Nothing exciting

 New colour in the garden, these cyclamen are for pots, the flowers last for ages, these look a bit sad, I will cut the flowers back, the plant is healthy. They cost £2.20 each from our local shop, much cheaper than garden centre. I do need pansies and violas, they will add colour for the rest of the year.

Book 76 read this year, a daughter is kidnapped, a ransom is paid, what happens next, how lives fall apart and the strength needed to carry on, guilt is a strange emotion, an interesting read, not the best book, but a different story.

I don't think I can put into words the joy for me of every tiny x stitch, each pattern growing. I went wrong on the new dark green design, so I'm winging it, the pink box design is from my chemo cushion, stitched in 2010, I'm mixing patterns differently. I am looking at all my old finishes to see what I can add to this design, I am braver the second time around.
Today is our wedding anniversary 36 years, we decided not to do much, no gifts, nothing we want, we are reusing cards purchased last year, just added a message for this year. Just a fun photo, have we changed much.

My weekend was quiet, spent loads of time with Will, George and Molly, playing inside, watching TV, they do love their programmes, often playing with no one watching. I did not sleep well, but caught up on Sunday night.

Two brilliant thunder storms in the past 24 hours, the water buts are full, the garden has had a good soak, no water issues here any more. Everywhere is looking good, all the summer dust has been washed away.

Daughter picked me up on Monday morning, all 3 children were at school or nursery, so we had a few hours together. She drove to Portsmouth Gunwharf Quays, an outlet centre on the harbour, it's a lovely setting, I needed nothing and spent nothing, it was a lovely time together.  My sister is arriving today for a visit, on her own, it's a cheer her up visit, she has been struggling recently should be fun, no plans made, just see what we want to do.

First 6 days of no spend-low spend September,  we had 3 days with no spend, and other than food just the plants above, so a good start, we have got a few extra things for my sisters visit. September is a month of birthdays and our anniversary, a hard time do this challenge, but I cheated and popped money into birthday cards last month, this challenge is about our everyday spending.

6 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary Marlene. I never seem to have much luck with growing cyclamen. Your stitching is beautiful, as always. In answer to your question on my blog, no it was Wisemans (now Muller) at North Peth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy wedding anniversary! And good luck with your no spend - low spend September :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary Marlene, have a lovely time with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy wedding anniversary to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary and may you celebrate many more.

    Your cross stitch is coming along wonderfully.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails