Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 21 July 2020

What's growing

The greenhouse is full of cuttings, most are doing well, most of these are salvia's of different colours, I also have a couple lavender and honeysuckle, plus a passion flower which rooted in the garden. 
I am following Monty's advice here and have softwood cutting in Perlite, held in a tray of rainwater. I have a couple of Hydrangeas, a Clematis, a Rose, and a few smaller cutting in the round pot, they have been here for a few weeks and none have died. 
Will loves my string of pearls, 
so I have popped a few in this little pot, just for him
My Amaryllis seeds at the back are strong, I do have a few of these potted up, 
and at the front is one of the pineapple babies again looking good. 
Another Coleus cutting rooted, I have planted in a pot, it will live on outside table, hubby love these colouful plants.  

This lovely looking succulent has taken weeks for this flower shoot to form and it has been promising to bloom for the past week, I do hope it will be worth the wait. 

We are away for a few days, back home in Somerset, staying with my brother, everyone here is good, we have visited family, staying most of the time outside keeping our distance. We have no desire to book a short break away, not wanting to stay in holiday accommodation, but we do have the need to catch up with family.  
We even managed a pint in our local village pub beer garden, just sat outside chatting and catching up, no days out, just family and resting, back home tomorrow. 


3 comments:

  1. I always think the colour of Coleus leaves are so attractive.

    " a pint in our local village pub beer garden," sounds wonderful.

    Have an enjoyable few days.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love coleus and plant it every year (here it is an annual). Does it grow every year for you or do you have to take cuttings and root them in order to keep growing?

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the same here, I take cuttings and have a mother plant through the winter and then in spring I take more cuttings for the garden. The plant here are new this year, as my mother plant did not survive last winter, it's always kept in the greenhouse.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails