Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 13 July 2020

Colour all around

Kirk leading the way, his hair is looking good, I moved him to this cooler spot as he was getting really hot in the sunshine. The black cable is tacked to the wall behind and nothing to do with Kirk, my Jasmine  behind which I cut back is now a deep green of new growth. 
Just some of the many flowers in the garden, 
so much colour and loads grown from seed. 
Pot's will always be loved in my garden
The herb bed is done, the poles are there until they grow bigger, for protection. I moved the smaller round hoops to the left of the bed, and popped a bigger round hoop on the front right, to be able to grow a mixture of tender herbs. My pomegranate in the big clay pot I will move once the fruit net is packed away. The Rosemary is at the back, I did cut it back and now I can see new growth.  
My raised bed, not looking so great, but I am watching for new growth on the replanted climbers. I am not planting much in here this summer, I have a plan for next year, but for now I want to be able to watch the climbers come back. I also want to plant a honeysuckle when I have created a new plant.  
These became a main meal for bugs when planted in the garden, so they are back in pots, each is showing tiny signs of new growth. 
This makes me chuckle, carnivorous plants all together in a water bath (they love their roots in rain water)  with a fine spiders webb, mainly around the pitcher plant. 
I treated myself to another planter, this is bronze, I love the handle, and had been watching it on a facebook selling page, once the price came down to a level I felt happy with, I got it. It will have to be placed out of direct all day sunlight as it can become hot, now the fun of deciding what to plant in it. 
We did get a visit from daughter, Will and George, on Friday afternoon, just long enough for Will to eat most of our fruit, typical growing lad, 'hello Nanna, I'm hungry', I do love he is always looking for fruit and never asks for crisp and sweets, I know it will change as he gets older. 
Most of the weekend has been sat outside, watching and listening to the small birds in the garden, they are very entertaining, the warmth of the sun is great again, Saturday we had more cloud, but still warm, Sunday was a beautiful day. It does feel good to be able to sit and enjoy the space we have created, it's full of life and colour, and for a change, I can sit and not see anything which needs sorting, both hubby and I love a chat over coffee and a small treat, home made cake or biscuits.
Hubby has started working on 2 benches, one child's size and a full size, he's not so good at sitting and doing nothing, again purchased second hand, so he has plenty to keep him busy.
I have not done any knitting or crochet, I have been reading, the heat makes me tired in the evenings, which is not a great thing when crafting. I have been thinking about  designs for a glass fusion, I hope to be able to make it soon, I am hoping I can make one good enough for a gift for my sister. 
Just another lazy weekend, no desire to pop anywhere, it's peaceful and safe at home together, 


5 comments:

  1. Your plants are looking fabulous. Even after all these years of growing from seed, it never ceases to amaze me what that tiny package holds, and the pleasure it will give as you watch it grow. Thank you so much for all the kind comments you have left on recent posts, having such wonderful blog friends is a comfort at sad or trying times and I can't tell you how much your comments have helped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds an ideal weekend ... ours was similar :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kirk is looking really good, isn't he? Your garden must be gorgeous to sit in at the moment. I can think of nothing more satisfying than sitting in it with your loved one and eating homemade goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that new pot you bought, it'll look great planted up. Kirk looks good, I be he's a talking point when anyone sees him :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden looks wonderful. Love the new pot.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails