Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 3 July 2020

Outside in my glasshouse

I saw this for sale on our local Facebook pages, it was a useful kitchen storage basket, now living in my greenhouse, I have loads of small clay pots to go in the bottom basket. 
These shelves on the other hand were expensive, I had been looking for a while for a set, these are way better than all the other shelves I have seen, perfect for this corner, I love the extra height they give me. The little bottles on top are solar and light up different colours at night. 
Most of my time is spent outside, even on wet days I am in my greenhouse, our outside space is a calm and healing place, I can waste hours outside doing very little, often hubby is working in or just outside his garage, so we are both in the same space. 
Whilst my greenhouse is a working space, I do like it to look nice, I love things in there to be neat and tidy, having one side for nasties, the back for potting, and the side along the back fence is my working area, which at this time is full of cuttings, most are doing well.
The two items above were purchased online, we are planning a trip out today to get the few items for the garden, it will be our first trip to shops away from our village, sadly I'm not sure I am looking forwards to going, but I am desperate for some blue slate to finish the herb garden. 
Hubby and I have been discussing replacing the arch in front of the greenhouse, in 11 years we have had two, this one was not expensive and is starting to rust, so we have been looking at wrought iron arches, not cheap at all, I started to think do we need the arch, you can't walk under it. So my next job in the garden is to remove the arch, and if I can transplant the passion flower to the back, so it grows up the fence behind the raised bed. That's my task over the coming weekend, Oh and to plant any new plants I may just purchase in the garden centre. July might be another expensive month, not as bad as it could have been if we decided to replace the arch. 

8 comments:

  1. Your glass house looks lovely. I am going to tackle mine this afternoon, it won't look as glamorous as yours as I will be taping cardboard to the glass in an attempt to stop it getting so hot inside and frying the plants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your visit to the plant centre turned out to be an enjoyable one, and you found your slate AND more plants :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good idea for the storage basket …
    Hope you enjoy your visit to the garden centre.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I saw it I knew how I would use it.

      Delete
  4. Love the storage ideas. I am envious of your glass house. If it rains here we are stuck inside.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved mine and miss it dearly as my new home doesn't have one. On a cold sunny day they wrap you with warmth and provide beautiful food throughout summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime in the greenhouse is always a pleasure.

      Delete
  6. We currently have one of those kitchen storage baskets at the CS in cream. I like the way you have used it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails