Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 25 July 2020

It's a wrap

No it's a lap blanket, but it is finished.
I'm teasing you now, the edging is my 3rd attempt, I just could not get the balance right, the colour was perfect but the design did not sit right. All I have done here is single crochet, as suggested by my niece, she said to do rows until it felt right, I stopped at 3 rows. 
Lovely neat boxes, Tunisian crochet looks like knitting, but as you make a colour square at a time, there are no huge rows to knit. 
I have not blocked it as yet. 

Front
Back
Back as a whole
Left over yarns
Enough to make me a bright summer top.
I used 4ply yarn, the plans shades were Drops Baby Merino, but I added some hand dyed yarn from Burrow and Soar just to lift the colours, all the colours and placements were my own design. 
I really enjoyed making this smaller blanket, using a new to me stitch, it's going to be my warm comfort blanket this winter, I don't need a blanket here as we have stopped most of the draughs, but it's lovely to be able to snuggle. 
The hardest part now is to pack it away, it's too beautiful to hide. I started making this in April, alongside knitting other things, so I pleased to have it finished. 
For details I did 20 squares wide and 33 squares long, each one is almost 2" (4.5cms) square, perfect for me. I always use 4ply on all my crochet and knitting, I just love the weight of the yarn, I do not use cheap yarn, and keep the sheep's wool to a low % as I have difficulties with the lanolin in the fleece, I find baby yarn great for me. 
Now to finish my cotton top, I only have the arm and neck bands to do. 

6 comments:

  1. It's just gorgeous! Those colours are perfectly placed; you have an eye for colour. I love it! I think it's cold enough for snuggling under it now- 11*c here. Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blanket is gorgeous. So colourful. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome, and the colour combination is perfect. I would love to snuggle into it right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally admire skilled people like you. Its beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like your colourful blanket.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blanket is gorgeous.

    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails