Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 19 July 2020

Looking for the positives

I have finally decided to plant up this jar, it has cleaned up well and is looking good, I only had to purchase the grit for this project, I have everything else. 
I had one back in 70's, which I loved and grew indoor green plants, for ages I could not decide what to put in it, but it is no surprise I have a cactus and some succulent cuttings, I hope I can thin out the succulents as they grow and keep this jar looking good. 
My little lemon clematis is doing well, I have my 1st new bud on it, I cut the buds and flowers off when I planted it to allow the plant time to settle in it's new pot. I am keeping this plant on the greenhouse floor in semi shade, just to allow it to gain strength. 
I've not shown the garden for a while, most of it is looking good, I do prefer this view without the arch at the back, I still have my fruit net cage up, I have collected more blueberries, but their are still loads to come. 
This side bed is looking much better, loads more colour, the cosmos are huge this year, and I am loving the salvia hot lips around my one rose bush, I hope to be able to plant some around the 2nd rose bush. I have a few cutting in my greenhouse to plant next spring, and I will grow my own bedding plants. 
We have had a few lazy days, hubby had to collect new glasses on Friday, so he made an early appointment and I popped to town with him, again everywhere was empty, I had to pop to Boots, and then did my usual shops, TK Max and Wilko's, our Robert Dyas branch closed, which is a shame as I did love popping in there. I did get a few more packs of seeds and some plant restrainers. I never look for clothes, always on the hunt for garden things. 
The rest of the time we spent in the garden and inside when it's really hot, hubby has been working on the child's bench he has cleaned off all the rust and paint from the metal bits and has painted them, they do look good. I have spent loads of time reading, I have not done any more to my top or lap blanket, the heat always makes me feel tired, and so I keep away from my craft. 
I did manage to take a tumble in the garden this week, bruised my arm, scraped my leg and hurt my pride, I was home alone, so no one saw my foolishness, note to myself, don't walk backwards and not look where I am going, so easily done. 
I have stayed feeling more upbeat this week, I did not realise how down I had been feeling, I have popped a bit of eye makeup on most days, I am able to keep the new hair style looking good. 
The TV news is so full of doom and gloom, 1st the virus, now it's the coming recession, all sprinkled with Brexit. Most of the news will not effect us, we both do not work, so no fear of losing our income, it might stall for a while, but it will be there, most of Brexit will pass us by as well, other than the almost certain price rises on everything, we already have private travel insurance to cover hubby's health, so when we visit our friend's in Spain and stay with them, the only issue might be the cost of flights. The virus is still with us, we just have to keep being safe, watch our local figures and avoid all crowded places. 

3 comments:

  1. I haven't watched the news for years, I don't need doom and gloom to make me feel even worse. I suppose it does mean i'm out of the loop with what's going on in the world, but hey ho. We will be paying for this virus for years i would think, all the help the government has given companies to keep employees won't come cheap, and then of course there are those of us who have been unlucky enough to be made redundant :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That jar looks fantastic. How on earth did you plant it! It must have taken forever to get it right.
    Sorry to hear you fell. It's so easy to do. Glad you weren't hurt badly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is lovely, and looks so peaceful. I love what you planted in the jar.

    Glad you were not hurt badly when you fell.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails