Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 11 July 2020

In the mix

I don't normally purchase plants online, I always prefer to choose a plant by it's health myself, but these are strange times and this plant looks beautiful, it's called Clematis Little Lemon and it came in 7" pot from Groupon. As you can see from the photo it's a shrub type with masses of lemon flowers, it arrives in good condition, the roots in the pot were still damp, the main photo is the day after I potted it on, looking good. The site did show how the plant would look when it arrived, so I knew it would be a small strong plant, the instructions are to keep it in a pot for first season, for now mine is in my greenhouse. 
I have finished another 3 books, I am enjoying these books, it an easier read when the same people are featured, in this case a police team in Newcastle. There are another 7 books in this set, these are free to read on my kindle, in truth I don't think I would pay to read them. I have now read 49 books this year. 
It's been the slowest of weeks, after a busy Monday we have done very little, we sat inside and watched the rain on our garden, it has still been windy, but nothing has been damaged in the garden. I have had some harvest, picked my 1st cucumber, I'm having a few ripe tomatoes. The blackcurrants are now finished, I picked the last on Friday, we have a huge dish for hubby to use ( I don't like the taste), I also picked an even bigger dish of blueberries, both bushes were protects by a net cage from the birds, it worked really well, I have a second bush with unripe berries, more promise to come. 
After all our hard work we have nothing to do outside, hubby went online and purchased an old child's bench, similar to the one we have, it's his next project, he enjoyed doing our furniture and will keep him busy most of next week. I have been watching the garden seeing if anywhere needs improvement, but I can find nothing to do, a first for me, after 11 years here both inside and outside are how we want them. 
I am busy knitting my orange top, we are promised another heat wave next week, so I would like it finished so I can wear it, here in southern England we have to take our summer days when we get them. After I have finished I will do the edging on my lap blanket. I am looking for my next projects, I love both knitting and crochet, I would love a big knitting project to work along side a new crochet project, I am wanting the lift my crochet skills. 
I have not spoke regarding my weight for a while, I have lost a few pounds since my last post in June, but I have stalled, I'm not bothered, I can relax for a few weeks and then start again, as long as I am not putting weight back on. Hubby has reached his target, his BMI is now in the green healthy section, which is really pleasing, he can now add back a few nice things into his eating plan. 
Both of us are feeling better after the back aches of over doing things in the garden, the wet days gave us time to relax and rest, we are hoping to go for a long walk today, we have not walked too far for days, so it will be nice to get out. 

3 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoyed your walk. Weight loss seems to go in drops and plateaus, doesn't it? Only trouble is, my plateau seems to be lasting a long time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope you enjoyed your walk, I always think it's nice to get out and about.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lota of stuff going on at your place. Can't believe how many books you've read!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails