Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 27 July 2020

Blooming marvelous


This is stunning, sad to see the bloom broken,
 I found a few on the ground, it has been very windy again. 
Outside. 



In the greenhouse. 



New plants
Fruit crumble anyone? 

I have done very little for the past few days, I picked up a tummy bug, and have been feeling yucky for days, hubby has looked after me, as he always does, trying to tempt me with food and loads of drinks. 
Yesterday I managed a walk around my garden and greenhouse, it rained in the morning but cleared into a nice but windy day. By tea time I needed to get out of the house, so the garden called. I even did a bit of dead heading.
In these strange times I found it difficult to be ill, I was over thinking everything, no I didn't have a cough or temperature, but I was unwell and I have been away from home. How did I feel, should I call the doctors and seek a test, we did decide to stay at home with no visitors, and not seek any test. But it is difficult, we are both at an age where we would not want the virus, but just because we don't want it, does not mean we can't get it. We have no plans for this week, stay at home together, I am now sure it was just a bug. On the positive side I have lost 3 pounds in weight, which is great as my weight loss had stalled. The bruises from my tumble last week have changed from blue and purple down to yellow and are almost gone. So this morning I am hoping I'm back to my normal self, that's not to say I think I am normal, in truth I'm not sure what normal is. 

7 comments:

  1. Don't you just love the way Fuchsia flowers are formed, absolutely beautiful. Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The garden is looking lovely. It's been rather windy here this week as well but the dahlias have just about survived.
    I'm glad you're beginning to feel better, but I can understand the over-thinking.
    Make sure you get plenty of rest. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is so colourful, Marlene. The fuchsia is gorgeous....one of ours is covered in flowers and looking spectacular, I should take some photos really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you have not been well, but glad to hear you are on the mend. Lovely to see everything flowering, and the colour of that fuchsia is simply gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wind certainly does do a number on our flowers. I usually find fuchsia blossoms on the deck after every wind storm.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you've not been ok, hope the garden cheered you up.. thank you for your comments about trying to lose weight, its not easy is it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden is looking good.
    Sorry to read you've not been feeling well, take care and hope you are back to 100% soon.
    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails