Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 8 April 2020

Lock down week 4

Well our new normal has settled, few worries about food, but what we don’t have, we will manage without. We are missing the grandsons and daughter, in close contact with siblings, we message every day, other family members less often, but I feel less anxious about everything.
We stay in our garden every day, the sunny warm weather is helping, at times it feels like normal times, just hubby and I together getting things done.

When I stopped working 2 years ago, I decided I needed some structure in my life, it helped with the changes and now I am very thankful for structure, Monday to Friday mornings our alarm clock wakes me up at 8am, most mornings hubby is already awake, there is no rush to get up and start the day, weekends we don’t have the alarm, at least I know when the weekend is here.
Before I was always concerned on how much time we spend online. We both have desktop computers, which are in the sunniest room in the house. Now we linger longer, often listening to pop master at 10.30, before getting on with anything. Whilst each of us does different things on our computers, we again are together, having said that I know I linger too long here. We listen to radio 2 until 12, when the chat show is on, we always turn it off as we really do not want to listen to opinions and theories.
The rest of the morning is getting things done, I do house work on Tuesday (bedroom and bathrooms) and Thursday (downstairs), most days I clean the kitchen and downstairs bathroom, plus door handles and letterbox. Hubby cleans the bins handles before they go out and after they are emptied, he also does ironing whilst I am cleaning.
Lunch is about 1pm, we always stop and eat together, recently sat in the garden, the sunshine has been wonderful.
After lunch we go for a walk, not always at the same time each day, we do like to walk through the park, and have a good route which passes our local Co-op, we don't often go in, but it's handy to be passing.
Once home it's relax time, I have so many things to choose to do, reading, knitting, crafting and the garden. Hubby loves to read, he is also checking and painting our garden furniture, he has slowed down and now pacing each task.
We turn TV on each day to watch the daily government briefing, I prefer to watch this and see what they are saying, rather than listen to other people interpenetrating their comments. Often in the evening we turn TV off, hubby will read and I craft or read. 
Bed time is always after the 10pm news, but often now I don't watch it, there is only so much Cronavirus I can take in one day.

In many ways most days have not changed for us, we stopped going shopping for stuff and spent more time at home, but we did like walking to the village, which we did often, now we might walk there once a week. There are always loads of people waiting to be able to get into the chemist, all 2 meters apart, snaking through the prescient. There are a few shops open, Iceland, butchers, Superdrug, post office/paper shop, pet shop and hardwear shop, we only come if we have to.

The numbers show on the TV are staggering, every country is fighting this same virus, China is now allowing people back out, Italy and Spain seam to have found their peak, USA is suffering, I do wish Trump would change his ways, to me he seams to be playing the virus down, saying just what he wants to hear. Here our Prime Minster in ICU, whatever your political views, we can only hope he returns to health soon. Eyes are now looking at India, Pakistan, Syria, these countries are much less able to stop the spread of this virus, it's frightening to think what will happen to those people.

4 comments:

  1. Our days haven't changed all that much either. Mick is still working, albeit from home, but he sometimes worked from home anyway, and Eleanor is still going to work. Having Archie, we went on our walks anyway, now we're forced to take them closer to home, that's all. The main thing which is different for me is visiting my dad. Mick's taken over the main caring for him at present, basically because he's the car driver and it makes sense for just one of us to go rather than us both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to have quite a few shops open in your village which is good. We just have a chemist, green grocer, small supermarket and mini marts. Our Post Office closed a couple of weeks ago. To be honest I rarely go out to the shops anyway, we have most of what we need. I agree about other parts of the world, they could suffer very badly. It's a tragedy for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your day sounds very much like ours. Slow and steady, relax and enjoy.
    Have a lovely weekend in the sunshine and garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our days have not changed that much. I still get up around 6 most days and Harvey gets up around 8. What has changed is me getting out as early as possible to do the shopping and not going for coffee to a friends at least twice a week or so.

    Our Prime Minister stated today that this social distancing could in fact happen until the end of summer. Scary thought, but until a vaccine is available our best bet to containing this virus.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails