Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 14 April 2020

2nd finish on this project.

The cast off edge along the very long button band, was a design I have never used before, starting with the 1st stitch I cast on 3 in contrast, I then knitted 2 and knitted 2 together, using the last contrast stitch and 1 stitch from the band, I then slid the 3 stitches back onto left hand needle and repeated until all stitches were cast off. Below is the results, 
top is front, 
middle is side, 
and bottom is wrong side, 
it's a brilliant way to cast off, so pretty. 
 The joy of this design has always been the hand dyed yarn from Burrow & Sour, and Drops Baby Merino, both in 4ply, the contrast sings in this work.  
 Lots of garter stitch, which was fun and a nice change from rib. 
 I love the small roll top, very different for me. 
I have not blocked this as yet.
I started knitting this in mid January, the post is here, showing my planning, it a simple garter and stocking stitch design, another knitted neck down pattern. I followed the pattern ensuring I chose the correct size, but as my post here explains, I was really unhappy with the yoke, it felt just too small and defiantly not long enough. So as my Almost, no gone post from Friday 13th March (says it all), I decided I could unpick and start again, sorting the yoke, it is now loose rather than the snug fit of the design, but I wanted to be able to use it on summer evening, like a lightweight jacket.
So I am very pleased, for the 2nd time to show this as a finish.
Now for the Tunisian crochet blanket I have been promising to learn.  

7 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous. It must be a relief to have it done now that you've knitted it twice, but rather have it right than have something you wouldn't wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have the patience, not that I can knit anyway, but the constant unpicking and getting it right would floor me. Looks nice though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that sounds like a foreign language to me but it looks exquisite, well done for going back to it and putting it right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty cardigan. I like the rolled over collar too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out really well. Lovely stitching. I popped in from a mutual friends blog. It's always fun to meet new bloggers. Stay well and stich on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous sweater!!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails