Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 24 April 2020

Getting fit the enjoyable way

As promised our cycle ride around the golf course and along the water edge. 
Cams Hall, just before Fareham.


 The creek, looking toward The Castle in the Air pub on Gosport road.
 Hubby, my cycling partner.
 Gosport sailing club

 It's a good path most of the way
 Looking towards the Spinnaker tower

 Farmland just past golf course
 Near Portchester football club, The Wreck, I love this spot. 
 Zooming in on Spinnaker Tower
 The shore by Salt cafe, sadly not open for a treat of coffee and cake. 
The route to this ride is along A27 from Portchester to Fareham, I am loving the roads are not busy at all, but most of the way there are cycle paths. Once we get back to the football club, we cycle home on local estate roads. The whole route is 6 miles and it took just under an hour, but we did stop often to take photo's. The tide was on it's way out, so still not the best photo's. We do count ourselves lucky to live in such a lovely part of our country, being in the south we are warmer and dryer than most parts of UK. I am feeling pleased with myself, I'm getting stronger, I just have to hope my coughing calms down, I don't start coughing until I'm home, so no worried looks from people when I am cycling along.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures Marlene. We've only seen the Spinnaker tower close up once, it's an impressive structure isn't it. Nice to see hubby looking so fit and well. And it must do your mental wellbeing a lot of good being able to get out and cycle xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely place for a bike ride, and great exercise too into the bargain. It's lovely to have such good weather early in the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks a great place for a bike ride! Glad you are making the most of this beautiful weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favourite holidays was in this neck of the woods. Lovely photos. Gorgeous weather for this time of year oop North too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photographs are lovely, what a great area for a bike ride.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful day for a bike ride :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely bike ride. I would like to go out on my bike here but I'm put off by how many people are out cycling around. I should just do it anyway and it might not be as bad as I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely journey, enjoyed being taken along with you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails