Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 12 April 2020

Evolution, photo heavy

2010, we moved here in October 2009, 
the previous owners were not gardeners
 Dug out side bed, our start to create a garden
 Made bed, removing decking from beside our Magnolia tree.
 Bare lawn, loads of pots with flowers
 Back section BBQ area
2012
New lawn and garden protected from many cats
fun in the garden with Sam
2013
Hubby removes loads of the decking, just too much wood. 
2014
Good looking garden
Back area with 2 small lean too greenhouses and veg pots
 new to me table and chairs
 My new shed, looking bare
2015
Started growing fruit in tubs
2016
Got my bigger greenhouse
 totally changed this back area
2017
Love this view, tree in pot now passed on and is planted in a local garden
2018
Created my dry river bed in greenhouse, now keeping all my nasties inside
 Metal table and chairs moved, garden looking good, lawn is now fake grass. 
We moved the shed back to create more space, just a few feet.
2019
Hubby replaced all the decking and made a slate garden for the fruit pots
 Left over decking boards became a wide shelf along the fence above the side bed. 
Our new Olive now in it's permanent place
Nothing is ever finished, always a work in progress, I thought you might enjoy the journey we have taken in our garden. I would have loved to be able to grow veg, I tried in pots, but just not enough room to have beds, I have many different plants grown from seeds and pips, I am always looking for something new to grow. Over the years so many beautiful flowers grown here, now I grow fruit in tubs, keeps hubby and I in fresh produce.
Our hard wood table and chairs which are over 25 years old, still have pride of place, so many family and friends have sat at our BBQ's over the year.
Fighting boredom here. 

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful walk through your garden in time and it made me smile to remember some of the photos from recent years thinking - I've seen that! I'm fighting the need for solitude and for my male household to just be at work or something!! But then I remind myself that I am so lucky to be all safe at home with them x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous look back. You've worked so hard and created a lovely spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've made such a difference with your changes over the years Marlene, a beautiful garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing to see how you've transformed your garden. It's looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely to be able to look back and see how the garden has changed over the years, you've created a lovely area to sit and enjoy the outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely time lapse of how your garden has grown and changed. We are just starting to plan ours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love looking back how the garden has changed over the years. We were lucky as our garden was well established, the previous owner liked gardening so it was looked after. You have made some lovely changes, looks loads better. You can always find something to do in the garden can't you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was lovely to watch the evolution of your garden through your photos. Gardens are never static, there is always something to improve isn't there? Makes a fascinating hobby! Take care, Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely journey to get to your current beautiful garden.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a wonderful adventure, to two have had, building that garden. It certainly looks well loved. The fact you can do what you want, within what you have, is a priceless commodity. It might just save the world, if we all did it. Cheers. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails