Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 29 September 2019

Last week in September.

I loved this book, the style of writing, 
the plot, the main character, I could not put it down. 
Another new to me author,
 my 44th book this year and again I enjoyed everything about this book. 
 I have finished the heel, these are looking good. I only have 100grms of this yarn, so I will start weighing my ball, to ensure I have enough to do the 2nd sock. I am begining to like the idea of knitting the toes in a contrast colour. 
 I purchased this chicken in the summer, I thought it would be good to use to store some of my plant sticks and labels, but it was just too big, so Will helped me on Monday to plant it up, it's in the greenhouse for the winter, but will be out in the garden next summer. 
 I potted 2 twisted willow cuttings in hope they might root and grow, I have already posted regarding the twigs I used to prop another plant which rooted, I am hoping they grow, I would like to try and keep them small, Bonsai.
 This sums up the garden this week, luckily without rain at the time of this photo, hubby started cutting the Magnolia tree back, he has done the sides, we hope to do the top soon. We can't do it all at once, the council take away all our garden waste for free, and our bags were full, we will do the top in time for the next collection. 
The weather has been very wet here, I'm not complaining, in fact I welcome the rain, we do live in a dry part of the UK, so for most of the time it's been inside, again I'm not complaining, crafting time. The wind is now stronger, the fence is blowing and looking very twisted, we will have to deal with it once it is completely broken, I would like a brick wall along here.
Monday was fun with Will, we did manage some time outside, but mainly a day inside playing with cars.
Tuesday was sign language class, just 5 people, so a lovely small class, we repeated some of our basic signs, it's always good to go back and remember signs. We went through our new sign story, which most of us knew. Later it was Bake off on TV, hubby and I both love this programme.
Wednesday is market day, we walked to the libary, I always need books to read, we looked at our market but passed on everything.
Thursday, I got the sewing machine out, I am half way through making my bag, I have hit an issue, so I'm taking thinking time, so sort it all out. I also did more sock knitting.
Friday, another wet start, hubby did loads of batch cooking, planning warmer meals, I spent the morning on my compter, and then knitted and did some weaving. Later Graham Norton was back on TV, we both enjoy his show.
Saturday, we had Will for a sleepover, we walked to the park in a dry spell and on to the shops, later I made apple cake and blackberry and apple crumble, which Will loved at tea time. We watched Strickly and had an early night.
Sunday, early start, Will never sleeps past 7am, but he's being good, mummy will collect him later, then we can have a quiet afternoon together.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely varied week doing lots of different things. They do say that variety is the spice of life. I enjoyed reading your last post about your mum, such a lot of happy memories you have of your lovely mum. How times have changed though with so many mums working now, and a throwaway society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed the winds aren't too strong for your fence. We have a gardening wheels bin, which is collected every two weeks from February to late November, but we have to pay £39 for the privilege. I would be lost without it thought. Your garden looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a dry day? If we did I must have missed it!! We have to take any garden rubbish to the tip down the road - it isn't collected, not easy for people and elderly without cars.
    I just love that hen and it looks brilliant planted up.
    Have a lovely week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice sounding and varied week you've had, a nice way to spend the last week of September.

    I did enjoy reading the post about your mum, you have some wonderful memories.

    Have a happy October, it's hard to believe we are now in the tenth month of the year.
    Take care, my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails