Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 5 February 2024

Should I

We went out for tea Saturday, at a local to my daughters house, out of town shopping centre, it's very family friendly, safe for the children, with loads of things for them to climb on. This bear has been a firm favourite for years, 3 happy children, who enjoyed ice cream with their tea, daughter and I happy, no cooking.
I have finished the felted daisy, it's big, but I wanted it a good size, so it would show when I wear it on my coat, I did not make the petals to dense, I like the softer look. The orange I used for the centre looks great, and brings all the shades together. I was really pleased this time, I did not prick my fingers once and I did not break a needle, so that's a positive win.
I have printed off this design, I've had it saved for ages in my Pintrest files, I am looking to start another cross stitch, I have one pack of Evenweave 28 count in antique white, which a stitching size of 350sts x 450sts, small cushion size. I don't have a finished design to make, just another idea forming around shapes and patterns, and this heart is my first choice, I will again be using from my huge stash of silks (floss). 

Another good book from a new to me author, a slow start, but good enough to keep me reading, a very different location and story, set in a 'village' in Scotland, the main narrator was amusing. I am getting my books again from our library, using their popular fast back section, you loan the book for just two weeks, they always have a great selection. Book 7 read this year.
 I started to read Apple Never Falls by Liane Moriarty, but gave up, it's one of her off books in my view.

My title 'Should I' be starting a big project, well at this time of year it's a perfect time, I want to be growing in the garden, sowing seeds, but it's too early, so now is a good time to keep my hands busy. I have already done some stitching, I will show photo's soon, when you can see the design. I have also been looking at the second shape, a circle, not yet finally decided on which design. 

My weekend has been truly lovely, I arrived after George and Molly were in bed on Friday night, so they would settle, had some time with Will, sat and chatted with daughter, sharing a glass of wine. Saturday as predicted was an early start, both Molly and George were excited to see me, we had a morning at home, daughter decided not to go out on Saturday night, so a second evening in together. It is great to have our time, rather then the children being front and centre. 

With regards to my friends, the lady with the broken ankle is starting to walk again, the lady with a broken leg had to wait until Friday for her operation, their schedules are ridiculous, all these strikes are killing our NHS, hubby's brother is still in Spain, hopefully he will be home soon, daughter's FIL now has Covid, he is on the mend, just slowly. Getting older is no fun at all. 

8 comments:

  1. 28ct evenweave - quite a challenge. Your weekend sounds most enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to seeing your next cross stitch project, Marlene. Glad you had such a lovely weekend with your daughter and the children. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a lovely weekend with your daughter and the children. The heart design looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your weekend sounds a wonderful one.
    Enjoy your week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried felting I've seen some lovely mice and really want to try it, nice to be able to say you had a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When shouldn't one start a project? Especially when the growing season has not started yet. I say go for it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails