Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 19 February 2024

Birthday weekend

Will had his 7th birthday on Sunday, he had a lovely takeaway with mummy and daddy on Friday, and opened their gift to him, daddy had to fly to Bahrain on Saturday to prepare for the 1st F1 race of the year. Saturday he had fun with school friends, he did not want to go out, they all played at his house, with another takeaway Pizza lunch. A quick visit to Smyths toy shop in Portsmouth on Sunday morning, where they all spent Christmas money.
Sunday afternoon we popped over for some cake, it had already been cut, but that's not an issue, we had already given him his card and some money, he wanted a huge Minecraft Lego set, so mummy asked we all give him some money so he could learn how expensive these items can be, with some of his Christmas money he got his set. We also got him a couple books from a new to him set, Captain Underpants, which he loved. 
I have started my second design, it was going well, until the grey, as much as I love these tiny stitches, they are hell to unpick, I am doing a bit most days until it's all gone. 

We had Molly and George on Saturday, they are both very good, but we were exhausted afterwards, to us it's important Will has some time for his things, the younger two take up so much of daughters time, normally it would not be an issue to have them, George was in a very cuddly mood, some days he can be quite sad, and is unable to tell us why.

I'm bored, I sit and shuffle my seed packets like a gambler shuffling his deck of cards, checking all the time, just in case the sowing date has changed on the packets, my greenhouse is lovely and warm and the desire is to start them off is huge, but as we all know we are having our false spring, March is always a cold month here along the south coast, so I don't want lovely seedlings struggling because I could not wait, having said that I will start tomatoes and cucumbers.

Whilst I am feeling a bit better, I still have the awful cough, and therefore a headache, it was so bad on Saturday, I burst a blood vessel in my right eye, by mid afternoon I am shattered, but I'm not sleeping well, I have had a word with myself and this week I am trying to get out and do more, I need to rid myself of these bloody bugs. 

6 comments:

  1. Your new work is looking beautiful. Good luck with that unpicking. Sorry to hear that you're still suffering. I hope you get some relief soon. Will looks like he really enjoyed his birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My potatoes have chitted and I am going to plant some today in the polytunnel. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to Will. I hope he gets a lot of fun out of his new Minecraft Lego set and enjoys the books as well. Your daughter is very sensible teaching him the cost and value of things he wants to have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to Will, it looks and sounds like he had a super 7th birthday.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new design is lovely, and I can imagine how hard the stitches are to remove. Happy birthday to Will and Captain Underpants was a great selection.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to Will - what a lovely looking boy. Learning the value of money is an important life lesson and some never learn it.
    It's so nice that you can have the little ones to give Will more individual time with his parents.
    You cant't force good health/recovery - take it easy, as hard as that may be.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails