Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 17 February 2024

Just books

This book had a very confusing start, two different investigations, which should not be a problem, but everyone is friends with everyone, so the lines got a bit blurred, once the plot got going it was easier, set again in Scotland, I did guess almost correct on one case, close but not totally right. I did enjoy the plots. Book 11 read this year.

Another slow start book, the main character is rich, smooth and good at everything, not a start I like, but I decided to keep going as his first book I read was brilliant. The plot was good, the character not so, the plot kept me to the end, but if Win is in another book, I will pass on it. Book 12 read this year. 
I enjoyed this book, the plot was a bit different and with a modern twist, the author does love a well informed, connected hero, with enough wrong directions to twist the plot. Book 13 read this year
I have loved every book by this author, he has such a wide platform of ideas, the family next door are murdered, could it be the gunman went to the wrong house, the plot unfolds, set in Promise falls, which a few of his books are located, and a few people are back in the plot, it would also read as a good stand alone plot. Book 14 read this year. 



We are both still feeling unwell, I am truly fed up with coughing, headaches, sniffing and feeling wiped out, this is the third week for me, I spoke to my doctor on Thursday, there is nothing much he can suggest to help, we are already doing what he would advise. I can manage an hour long task in the morning and then I need to rest, I am reading because I can't concentrate on my sewing, I missed Pilates again this week, sorry about the moan, but I really have had enough. 

We had one quick trip to a nice garden centre we both love, it's more than a nursery, but still has brilliant quality plants at a good price, we did not stop for coffee, to much coughing to be able to sit and enjoy a drink, without emptying the café. Hubby helped choose 2 hellebores, different colours to what we already have, and I got some more of the green edging for the old herb bed. 

I managed to do some housework, it does take me longer, having to stop and catch my breath, we did get a visit from my SIL, his new uniform for work arrived and as always the trousers are far too long, for me it's a simple quick job, he was worried because I was unwell, but it's done and we are both happy. 

8 comments:

  1. So sorry you are still feeling poorly . Yes put your feet up and read and sew . I love the cross stitch heart you are doing , it's a cheerful project . I love the pompom dahlias and want to add some to my growing collection . I wish I hadn't bought my dahlia tubers from Peter Nyssen on-line , they arrived all in bits . In future I will buy from the garden centre where I can see ithem and make sure the tubers are all in one piece . The Range , yes , we have that shop down here , I love it ! I hope the sun is shining with you and you feel better soon . 💐x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear...hope you are soon feeling much better...we could do with some sustained sunshine I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not surprised you're fed up of the bugs you've had lately. You've had way more than your fair share. I really hope that you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, poor you - you really have had a basinful of it lately. Try doing as little as possible and drink plenty of water and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thanks for sharing these books.

    So sorry you are still feeling poorly, hopefully very soon you will start to improve and energy levels return.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear that you are still feeling under the weather, all this rain and dull days don't help, hope you feel better soon.
    We did a tour of a few second hand book shops today and saw lots of Harlam Coben books, I've never read any and I did resist, I'm having a break from crime books at the moment as that's all I seemed to be reading last year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear you're still feeling unwell. The cough I had from Christmas has only just gone now, the germs we're picking up at the moment seem to last an age. A trip to a garden centre is a nice little pick-me-up when you don't feel like travelling further afield.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry you're still not feeling great. This years nasty germs have been pretty horrid all round and the cough and tiredness seem to go on and on. Hope things start to improve for you both.
    I have a couple of Harlan Coben books but haven't got to read them yet. They are there ready and waiting for me :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails