Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 20 December 2020

The season for giving

I received a parcel on Friday, it was a very wet dull day, 
so an unexpected parcel was wonderful. 
Inside was a card and numbered little parcels, Jo from Through the keyhole, included a letter, stating these parcels are for the 12 days of Christmas, one to be opened each day until 6th January. I had stitched with her, when she set the 12 days of Christmas challenge. 

They are so pretty.

My friend had a saw this and thought of you moment,
it's a brilliant card.

We have not been out at all, hubby is struggling to walk very far, he needs to rest, if he on his feet too much his leg swells and aches, I know he is bored, but rest is the main course of action for his healing. I have nowhere I need to go, we have most of what we need for the next few weeks and beyond.

I finished watching The Crown, I did enjoy it, but felt they stirred things up a bit, don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of Charles, to me he has always seamed spoilt and self-centred, and I do understand Diana was different from them all, but the way they set the royal family, cold and each of them self obsessed, I did like the rebel Princess Margaret.

We had Will on a sleep over, he wanted to come to our Strictly party, each year on the final Saturday program we have a takeaway and enjoy a bottle of wine, for us it's the start of Christmas. In normal years we would pop out in the day with cards and gifts for friends and family, this year that was all done last week. We did have a our party, only one glass of wine each, we will have another glass this evening. Bill winning was a shock, but at least he can dance, everyone in the final deserved to win, they all danced well. 

This is the year we all need to be kind to each other, having the knowledge someone has thought about you and acted on the thought is powerful and uplifting. I have done more random giving this year, mainly to local groups, food banks and gift request for children and older folk. I have been able through local pages on Facebook to give funds where needed, never sadly huge sums, but as a community together we have build funds for those who are in need.  Even just a smile can be uplifting, catching someone's eye and sharing a few seconds together, before getting on with your day, or a kind comment on a blog, contact without touching, small things are big this year.

When oh when is this nightmare we are living through going to end...... 

7 comments:

  1. Jo's gift to you is wonderful. You are so right in that small kindnesses are so uplifting at the moment. I feel so guilty that I have done very little this year. I usually give a proportion of my craft sales to charity (all fairs cancelled and eBay sales slow), support charity shops by buying and donating goods (either closed or not accepting goods) and donating to foodbanks (I don't go to supermarkets where I can donate) How we all long for this to be over...
    Have a happy Christmas and I hope your hubby heals very soon now.
    PS I loved the photo of Will in the police car :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy opening the little parcels. I thought the Strictly final this year was excellent, they all deserved to win, and though I did like Bill, I was secretly hoping that one of the other three won. I have that very same thought, when is this nightmare going to end, if only we knew. I've managed to stay quite upbeat through it all but the announcement yesterday, meaning we can't see Daniel and Jasmine this Christmas, is a real kick in the teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous gift, I bet it really lifted your spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your hubby gets better soon, must be a worry for both of you. Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started watching The Crown but couldn't get on with it. I was never a fan of Prince Charles, I always felt that Diana had a rough deal because he only married her because he was told to make his mind up!
    I hope your hubby will be on the mend soon, it must be very frustrating for him not being able to get about.
    Nightmare is just about right! lets hope it all starts to improve next year, it's all very worrying with the discovery of this new strain of virus. I do feel sorry for Boris, he looks so worn out and gets a lot of stick, he is only the messenger after all and criticised whatever action he takes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must be looking forward to opening those parcels. They've been packaged beautifully.
    That card is fabulous and just perfect for you. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes a nightmare!!! Trying to keep calm about it all and am thankful for my blessings that my family in the Uk and here in Spain are all safe and well. Such a lovely gesture those 12 days of Christmas parcels....something extra to look forward to each day. I had mixed feeling at the end of viewing the latest The Crown season. I still feel Diana was treated badly by the family. Princess Ann's character did not shine so very much in this series in fact I thought she was quite nasty at times. keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails