Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 19 October 2024

Finished

My first craft finish in ages, as the weather changes I am inside more, plenty of reading and craft time. This blanket is for a raffle prize, I used the yarn from the Christmas blanket I started last year, I had made some squares, I did not like how the different designs were all slightly different sizes.

This is made with Emu double knit, 100% acrylic, so it will be strong and warm, I used Tunisian crochet stitch, reels with instruction can be found on YouTube, you make each square, joining them as you go, I used 12 stitches and 20 rows, making 10 patterns up and across. I have made this design before using 4ply, for myself. The joy of this stitch is you do not have to turn your work, which is very handy when the blanket gets bigger. 

For the edging I decided to knit an e-cord design, it gives a lovely tidy edge and somewhere to hide the ends of the yarn, I was going to look for a contrast colour, then I had the bright idea of matching each square colour, which was fun, but gave me so many more ends to sew in. 

I think all the work was worth it as I am really pleased with the finished item, hopefully someone will use it and keep warm. I have plans to make another, my brother Martin has said he feels the cold in the evenings, so I suggested I make him one, I half expected him to laugh at me, but he said he would love and use it. 

For now all crafting has been set aside, we are in sunny warm Spain, without a raincloud in sight, it feels so good to wake up knowing there is no chance of rain, wear sandals and no coat. We are staying with Spanish friends, so lots of lovely food and laughter. I hope we can pop to Valencia, it's a beautiful city, so much to see.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your holiday. I look forward to seeing some of your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the warmth and the fine weather, friends and good food. It's raining cats and dogs here!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails