Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 3 October 2024

In my hands

On our recent trip I found a small wool shop, from the window I could see the owner had a wall of sock yarns, I popped in to see if she had any 2 or 3ply, and was lucky, I loved both these shades of green and hope to make myself a couple pairs of socks. I have used 3ply once before, these are 3ply. Our village shop only stocks 3ply in white, so I'm not being disloyal.
I have done some more to my blanket, I am loving the colours I am using, they sing of autumn, doing each row (diagonal) is giving me less ends to stitch in, I hope when I knit the edging I can hide the ends without having to sew them in. It's already keeping my lap warm as I am making it, the design allows me to crochet along and back again without turning my work, which is really handy.  
I do love this author, this is a set of books where David Raker an investigator looks for missing people, this was a different plot, he's called to a local police station where his wife is, she is confused, so is he, his wife died 8 years ago. A really interesting plot, which twist as it should and and ending I did not see coming. Book 71 read this year. 
Another author I enjoy, as a dad you want everything perfect for your daughter, how do you feel when she has found the one, is Ed over protective, or crazy as his wife is starting to think, it's a clever plot, leading you on, how does it end, surprisingly. Book 72 read this year. 
We popped to B&M with daughter, she took the children on a shopping trip recently and let them look at the toys, it's George's birthday next, we were able to get him his present and also a present for him and Will for Christmas, both boys can be difficult to decide what to get them. Molly is much easier, I don't want to get her a doll, but almost anything with a unicorn on will keep her happy, it's a very early start, most of the older grandchildren prefer money. 

We had a lovely time with daughter, both boys were at school and Molly was in nursery, as much as we love the children it was brilliant to have time with her, we went into B&M and Dunelm, which is next door, I picked up a few things. Hubby wanted to look for new towels for our bathroom, having used towels from Dunelm, we knew they are good quality, he wanted to come away from white towels which I always love, so we now have a sage green set, our old hand towels will be used in the kitchen and the bigger towels we will give to our local animal rescue centre, all we now need to to finish decorating the stairs and do our bedroom.    

Monday we were tired most of the day, so we stayed home, Tuesday we met daughter, afterwards we popped to Lidl to stock our fridge, so in all an expensive day, Wednesday was dull and showers expected, so other than a walk to the village another day at home, I did some work in the garden. This morning is sunny, we have both been to our dental check up, rest of the day at home enjoying a fine day.                                 

1 comment:

  1. The greens of your sock wool are lovely.
    It's good to have adult only company occasionally when you're a young mum. It's also much easier to shop for gifts for them if they're not with you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails