Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 16 October 2024

Colour

We still have some colour around the garden, no frost yet, 
so plants are hanging in there. 

I am growing this pyracantha along my back fence behind the garage in my storage area, I have other climbers, but this is brilliant for bees in spring and birds this time of year. In the coming years I hope it covers these panels, it helps hide the building behind.
Originally I had just grasses in my sink, which I had to separate each year to keep them small. I'm hoping this tiny white flower fuchsia works, the geum is another white flower will need separating next spring, this is much prettier and will fill the back corner.
Under the rhubarb leaves, which I am tucking back over the crown, I found this hellebore coming back into bloom, the flowers are deep red, always in the garden is a cycle of renewal. 
Begonias will bloom until the frost starts, I don't have so many outside now, my two big favourites are back in the greenhouse, only one corm grew in one chimney, the black tub which is now beside my shed has two corms, they always tumble over this black tub, which has a nice mixture of plants in. 
Some more of the colour outside, the garden as a whole is looking past it's best, but pops of colour keeps it working for longer. I do love to watch everywhere closing down for the winter months, I don't cut back any more, preferring to leave everything o the spring for any wildlife.


It has been a nothing time here, days slip into each other, it's wet most mornings, sunny and cold in the evenings, I have nothing to do outside in the garden, I do walk around and check everything is OK, my wildlife pond has lovely clear water, the plants are working well, still no frogs, I hope to get local frogspawn next spring. 

3 comments:

  1. It's that time of year when most things are past their best, still clinging on. It's nice to see that you've still got some colour in the garden, it adds some interest until things die off for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your garden is constantly evolving with you changing things around. My garden here has very little colour now, I'll have to have a think over winter about what I want for next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My garden is too small to have perfect colour all year round, winter is the lest cared for season, which I'm OK with as we are not outside so much.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails