Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 27 October 2024

It's that time

 I am later making my christmas cakes this year, again I have three to make, as yet I have not decided what size to make for our daughter, I need to chat to her and find out if the little ones still eat it, they did last year. I have all the ingredients, so it's a case of find a few days at home.

I have purchased a new orchid, I did walk past it, and then went back, I do love these plants, sadly they do not thrive in our home, once the flowers have all finished, I struggle to get them to bloom again.

I am pleased to see this cactus coming back into flower, it's in our downstairs bathroom, the window let's in loads of sunshine, it's cool there and this plant loves it. I've done nothing to it since it bloomed last year.

Daughter shared this with us, we are so proud of George, he is smashing loads of his targets, we know he is intelligent, he loves his school. Having his photo taken looking at the lens, looking happy and confident is a huge change in him.

Sunday hubby was out, so I spent part of the day with daughter, Will had a party, afterwards he went with grandma for a sleepover, so I played with Molly and George and chatted with mummy, they both loved their Spanish fans. We walked to Dunelm for lunch and popped into B&M to look at toys, it was a lovely sunny day.


Now I have gotten over the shock of coming back to colder UK, I am thinking it's much milder, most days start grey and dull, later we are seeing some sunshine, we have noticed the radiators are cold when they should be hot, but when we check the house is warmer and the heating is not clicking on. 

I did get a few bits for christmas in our recent shop mainly for stocking fillers, we don't go mad, there is very little we want, I have a birthday in November so hubby has that to think about, BUT I have had my tablet early to use in Spain.

1 comment:

  1. Your cactus looks lovely

    So pleased that George has settled well at school.
    He and Molly loved those fans :)

    Your house will soon have the wonderful aroma of Christmas Cake making and baking.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails