Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 30 March 2024

March round-up

 Another month where most of my spend is in the garden, I got a great bargain with some needle felting rovings, I am happy to be using my craft stash, it does please me to see it shrinking slowly. Again most of the garden purchases were for structure, I should not need any more compost or manure this year. I have over spent this month, but 2 metal Obelisks were needed for my raspberry bed. My wildlife pond added to this high total. Later in the year I do get a couple very low spend months which will balance my spending out.



It's been a very expensive month on the home front, with both a new cooker and fridge freezer, we had both in our previous house and we have been here over 14 years. Plus vet fee's for our dear Purdy, we cancelled pet insurance when both cats stopped leaving the garden, the monthly premiums were getting higher each year as they aged. Our trip away was not expensive, the hotel was paid for earlier this year, and we hardly spent anything.

Waste is as normal for our household, all the peelings go into our composter, along with coffee and tea, I cut the bags open, we only bin pepper and onion skins, neither is composted. 

My weight has gone the wrong way, this again has not been a good month, I decided to allow March to happen, Mothering Sunday and Easter, and start again in April, having said that my steps are much higher, best total for months, so something is heading in the right direction. 

8 comments:

  1. We've spent so much on compost this month - at least we won't need nearly so much next year. It's hard to keep excess weight off in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting how spending increases on different hobbies in different months. We've cancelled our pet insurance too, they wanted £3000 this year for Archie. We've started getting a prescription from the vet for his regular medication and buying it off the internet now, it saves so much money doing it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easter and Mother's Day have thrown me off this month too, plus a trip to Yorkshire. I'm looking forward to a good celebraton free stretch from April to the end of May, to get back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unexpected expenses trip you up and make a nonsense of your planning, sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Four of our six children have pets and they are always saying how expensive pet insurance is.

    Where did March go? It's certainly seemed to whizz by.
    My good wishes for the new month of April.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our garden spends will really begin nearer the end of April, beginning of May. I kind of dread what the prices will be this year.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prices are much higher this year, even the marketplace (second hand / thrift) is risen.

      Delete
  7. The pigs and poultry get all our vegetables peelings.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails