Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 25 May 2020

Windy weekend

I enjoyed this 2nd book, I liked the underlying thread in the story, each book is stand alone, but they do follow on as well, just the 3rd book to read. 
I loved this book, it was a slow start and at one point I did wonder if I really wanted to read this, but I glad I stayed with it, tangled lives always start slow, book 33 of the year.
I am loving this table more after we moved the big alpine dish.
Kirk is doing well, like the rest of us, his hair is growing longer.
I am happy with my herb bed and under the Magnolia tree, for a small garden there is plenty of space here, I have chamomile seedlings growing in the greenhouse, which will be popped on the big pot. 
1st flowers showing from one of my chimneys, this stays here throughout the winter months, and always flowers early in this sunny spot. I have begonias in my 2 other chimney pots, they have leaves showing, so soon more flowers. 
French marigolds in front and white cosmos behind in these long tubs, hubby loves the marigolds and I love white flowers, should fill this space with colour. 
This is as close as we will get to rain, Saturday morning.
Friday we pottered in the garden, hubby has been sorting his garage, changing things around, I played for ages in my greenhouse, I have so much space inside, the last time I was this excited with this space was 6 years ago when it was new.  

Saturday it was another breezy day, sunny and loads of black clouds, so not much time outside in our own garden, we caught the tail end of 2 storms, only a few spots of the wet stuff, not enough to call rain. We did walk along the water front, but only managed 1 walk. Our order from Asda arrived, only one questionable replacement item, we won't require another delivery now for a month, any fresh items we will get from our local Co-op. 

Sunday was housework in the morning, the place was very dusty, and both bathrooms needed a clean, hubby did the ironing. It was lovely in the garden after lunch, the temperature was much higher, and the lighter breeze was cooling, I did some more cutting back of shrubs, it's a regular job as we don't like to let anything get to huge in the garden. My jasmine fought back, as always, last time I badly twisted my back, this time I caught my hand. We did have a long walk along the waterfront, the tide was in again, it's a big space, we passed loads of people, all keeping their distance, we did not stop or touch anything, which is our normal routine. 
Monday, starts another warm dry day, I have the last of my bedding plants to pop in the ground, and I may make a few more mask, I don't have elastic, so I will be leaving up to family and neighbours to find their own elastic. 
It's Bank Holiday here in UK, but with so many people not working, I don't think it will make much difference to many households, we never go anywhere on a Bank Holidays on normal years, so no plans today, it's a stay at home garden day, I'm sure we will find plenty to do and enjoy another walk. 

7 comments:

  1. I enjoy finding books which follow in a series, though I'm up to date with all the ones I read. It's been dull and windy here over the weekend but sunny again today. We'll go somewhere to take Archie for a nice walk but I don't know where yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a good weekend, even if it was windy. Today is bright and sunny and no wind. The washing is out on the line. We won't be going out today as it's Bank Holiday and people from out of town will now be flocking in :( Enjoy the sunny weather and stay safe. Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was very windy here too on Saturday. I had to move some young trees on our decking to give them more shelter from the wind. I thought my young mulberry tree might snap in half.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on the Essex coast and it was almost gale force at times.i did plant some bits out but the wind was too strong, it was also chilly at times much hotter today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got a bit of tidying up in the garden tomorrow after those winds, no damage but lots of sticks to pick up.
    I'd forgotten it was BH today, we never go anywhere either on Bank Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had very strong winds, no sitting outside but it was quite warm. Sounds like your weekend was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a very pretty geranium you have there. I love them because they have such a long flowering season.
    Enjoy playing in your greenhouse :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails