Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 13 May 2020

Sat down on the job


I've been working in the greenhouse, sorting my raised bed, lots of my nasties are now in nice pots, I'm re-using the soil from this bed and the stones, I like to see bowls of mixed plants. The soil level is already going down. 
I had my Lemon tree in this pot, I'm loving the mixture of these plants, the soil is poor there are loads of stones mixed in, but perfect for these plants.
Lemon tree now in matching pot as my olive bush, all I have to do is place a layer of grey slate on top of the soil, but for now I can't get to it, so will be done once greenhouse is sorted. 
My Jade plant, this is a flour storage pot, but I love using kitchen pots for my plants, I love how the colours play together. 
Tomato plants both doing well. the plant on the left is in a compost bag, I don't have enough bigger pots. On the shelf behind is my chamomile seedlings. 
Both cucumber plants are growing, I will use both this year, 1 inside the greenhouse and 1 outside, they will produce at different rates and spread my crop. 
These smaller pots have my spring bulbs in, I am going to pop them in my outside raised bed, The big pot on the left has a gooseberry bush, which is not growing this year, I will leave it for a couple more weeks before digging it out, just incase it's just late starting. 
i purchased these shoes in 2017, from a local shop in their closing down sale, the dark brown ones I wear often, but now they are tatty, so I have pulled out the suede ones to replace them. The dark brown shoes will now be my gardening shoes, mine have split and become loose on one foot. 
I have come in from the garden, my back was telling me enough for today, by doing smaller amounts of work and resting I am trying to ensure I don't twist my back again, last time was very painful. 
I have lots of things on order for the garden, a fruit cage, a tree tie to help get our twisted willow to stop leaning, I have also ordered from Ikea 3 small galvanized shelving units and a folding chair for the greenhouse. Expensive month so far, but once everything arrives the garden will be sorted (famous last words!!)

7 comments:

  1. You're making good progress with your plants. I have some sandals in reserve. I have so many problems getting footwear that when I find something comfy I buy two pairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gardening is a wonderful hobby isn't it. Sadly I lost my lemon tree when the fleece blew off it through the winter. My orange tree is looking great though. I am hoping to be able to buy a lime at some point

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have lots of interesting plants. I'm not a shoe person, If I like something and it's comfortable I buy it but I don't out with the intention of buying shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I worked I was always purchasing shoes and boots, I have got rid of loads with heels I no longer wear. These shoes were the last pair I have purchased. I did get a couple pairs of sandals last year and they will last all this year. I am trying to wear what i already own.

      Delete
  4. Gardening is so absorbing but yes it's easy to hurt your back the trouble is it's hard to stop once you get started. I'm hoping to get my little seedlings potted on today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your greenhouse is sounding very productive. Good idea with the cucumbers. I'm not very keen on 'nasties' (too many prickles!) but I do like succulents and your jade plant looks lovely in that container :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The folding chair will be perfect for resting the back a good investment.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails