Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 5 February 2020

Just knit

It's growing at a pace, on the design there are 12 insets of colour, I am at 9, I often change the length, but I'm not at a point where I need to make the decision.  It's looking really good, I should have shaped the waist in, but at my age and size, it's not a great idea, so I am knitting straight to the hem. 
 I love the shades of colour in the contrast, 
it is much better than I hoped. 
 Without stretching any bit the stripes match
 I have noticed a flaw, in the last row of garter stitch in the yoke, I think I may have dropped a stitch and picked it up the wrong way, this is in the middle of the back section and I am not happy. Normally I would be unpicking, because I hate knowing there is a flaw, but this can be sorted by hand stitching the loop to look like a purl row, I will do it before any more knitting, because if it does not look right, I will unpick back to the top. 
I will need to order some more of this light green yarn, when I sorted this design, I was going to use all the colours, I have 4 x 50grms, which was enough yarn to complete the cardigan. BUT I used the one contrast, so now I need 4 balls of yarn, plus I still have the 4 contrast balls, what to do with them.
I purchased the book below and will need a few balls of cotton yarn, I have loads of small balls of different colours, so I will only need body colours. Should take my order up to £25 and free shipping.

9 comments:

  1. Your cardigan is knitting up really quickly, looks great :-) I'm the same with mistakes, can't let them rest, it would be a shame to have to un ravel all that knitting though so hope you can fix it. Those knitted animals are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cardigan is looking wonderful! I hate mistakes and I used to fret over them that I would unpick or even re-knit something. Now I don't worry so much and just leave them and soon forget about it. I'm looking forward to see it finished and the lovely little animals too. Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That book tempted me too. I resisted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cardigan is looking really good. I would be interested to know what the pattern is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No one will ever notice but you. The amish around here leave a flaw or 2 in their quilts to remind them no one is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this comment, it's something to think about.

      Delete
  6. Looking good, I like the splash of colour too. Tiny mistakes are so hard to decide on the course of action, but somehow they seem to glare at you because you know its there, whilst others wouldn´t notice at all. Can I ask, who do you order your yarn from? I use Deramores and have been pleased with their yarns and colours xcx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're going to have that finished in no time, the pops of colour are lovely. I'm the same with mistakes, they drive me mad so I have to go back to correct them, but that's such a small mistake and so much work to take back, I think I'd leave it. I like the look of that book, though I find toys really fiddly so I'm not sure my efforts would look anything like they were meant to. I'm looking forward to seeing what you make from it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ir's growing really quickly.
    I too would have to sort out the mistake.
    The book looks interesting, something a little different.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails