Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 17 February 2020

In bits

This is Tilly, I managed to finish all her body over the weekend, I used Ecru shade, and pink ears. She was easy to knit, but I did struggle with the instructions in a few places. 
 I love the long legs, the feet was a struggle with the pattern instructions, but I got there in the end, I did think of an easier way to knit them, but stayed with the pattern. There is loads of sewing up to do, but I find I am enjoying sew things together. 
 These are my 1st Christmas gift finished, I love the shades of blue, I will start another pair soon. This being my 2nd finish this year. 
 I do like this colour Amaryllis bloom, but in truth I think I prefer the pink flecked ones better, this will last for another week. 
 The buds on the 1st stem are dying, these blooms are now all from the 2nd stem, still no leaves. 
It's been a weekend for staying inside, it's just far too wet to be outside much, we did get a walk on Sunday, just to the Co-op for a sweet potato for tea, I have been very busy knitting, reading and drinking coffee. I am happy to be inside, and don't often suffer from cabin fever.
Our garden is OK after most of the storm, we are due high winds all day and some rain, so it's not over yet, but the worse has passed. The fence is wrecked at the bottom of the garden, we are hoping the rest will break, then we will have a new fence put in, which we will pay for, therefore having a strong fence rather than the cheapest, which is always our neighbours choice, normally we pay half each, which in the 10 years we have been here we have replaced 3 times.
Chris from Gully Grove  asked why do we name our storms, as in Australia they only name cyclones, it's a practice we have on done in the last couple of years, not all storms are named, just the ones which will  cause damage, often these named storms come with warnings for wind, rain and flooding. Our weather here in UK, is much calmer than other countries, but these named storms can leave loads of damage in their wake, but thankfully rarely loss of life. So many homes are flooded around the country, in Yorkshire their highest tide should be this lunchtime, so many are not safe yet. Again we are thankful we are not in a flood areas, and have not seen any local fallen trees, I tried imagining losing everything on our ground floor, and it's just too huge to comprehend.

4 comments:

  1. I think Tilly is going to be very cute, you do need a lot of patience with toys though as there's so many fiddly bits. I love the socks, I'm a big fan of stripes so they're right up my street. It's stayed dry here today, so far, but rain's forecast for tonight. It's still very windy though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those socks! I've never knit any, and doubt that I will now. It's still really windy here, and we've had a lot of hailstones this evening, but we've got off lightly - even the allotment is undamaged this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tilly is going to be gorgeous when she’s finished! Well done on the socks, love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are enjoying making Tilly, making up is hard to do, to get it just right and the stuffing to sit in the right places, I´m sure she will look wonderful when you have finished. xcx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails