Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 27 February 2020

Here and there

I've managed to plant the head pot, I love the angles of his face. I popped a couple small plants of Japanese blood grass, the new growth will be red and then turn to green. It looks a bit worse for wear, not sure if it's natural die back, or it was doing badly where is was before. I've popped it in the greenhouse to see how it grows. 
 Something is eating my Imperial Fratrillary leaves, I could not see anything on the plant, but I only had a quick look, the weather was looking very over caste again. 
 I've changed my kitchen display for my spring bunch, they do look lovely on the window sill, these were purchased last year. This very old jug has a crack so I can't keep water in it, silk flowers work well. 
I enjoyed this book, it's a very light read and the pages turn very quickly, I loved the plot and how it all came together in the end. I say the end, I felt the the story could have gone on longer, left me thinking how it should end.
Another good read, I again could not put this book down, I was not sure if I would read it, the plot looked good, but the reviews made me think it might be too close to a horror, but it was a great thriller. This being book 13 for 2020.
Monday, Will wanted to go shopping with mummy, so plans were changed and we had George for the day, very different from having his big brother. It was another wet and windy day, so we did not go outside at all. Whilst George had his naps, I did some reading, later in the evening I managed to get loads of knitting done and finished my 1st sock, with red toes. Hubby made a lovely slow cooker meal, the house was full of spices all day, plus we had enough for a 2nd meal each.
Tuesday I did not meet the ladies for coffee, instead hubby and I went to town, he needed to pay in a cheque he received for doing online surveys, I do a couple when asked, he does loads and enjoys them, with the bonus of payment. I did pop into a few shops, there was nothing I needed, but just a few things I liked. Sadly already loads of shops have closed and a few more are on closing down sales, we did have a look, but purchased nothing, soon the town center will have as many closed shops as trading ones. The heavy rain returned in the afternoon and evening, so loads of reading time.
Monday night the winds dropped to their lowest level for weeks, it felt really calm, and a surprise to wake up to blue skies on Tuesday morning, still really cold. Neither lasted for long, but it was a nice break from stormy weather.
Wednesday was another sunny morning, very, very cold, I did manage an hour in the garden, I got everything done, moved a few pots around. Later I walked to library and looked at our local market, the village was not as busy as normal, not sure if it's the weather keeping people inside. We did have a huge hail storm, but the blue skies returned, I wrapped our Olive tree, March is always very cold and we do have a weather warning for ice and snow, its better to be safe.
This morning it's bright, but wet again, my heart goes out to everyone struggling with the floods, I can't imagine having dirty water through our home, our weather in the world this year has been crazy horrible.

4 comments:

  1. That pot is going to look great when the grasses grow and look like hair :-) The weather is terrible isn't it? There seems no end to the wind and rain. I took Bonnie a walk to the park after nursery yesterday to feed the ducks as it was quite bright although cold and windy. I've got no inclination to get in the garden just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It could be lily beetles eating your fritillaries, they're part of the lily family. Today has been the best day we've had for a very long time, nice and bright and dry for a change, but it's still very cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cyclamen are doing well.
    One of my book group enjoyed both books you've shared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully the Japanese Blood grass will perk up and your head pot will have his crowning glory! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails