Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 24 February 2020

What to do

We had the boys on Saturday all day, it was fun, Will got some time outside with Grancha, it dried up early afternoon. I forgot to bring Georges mosses basket, so we blew up the single bed and placed it in the dining room end, Will loved it, and George was able to watch us on times he was not being cuddled. It was a fun day, Will behaved so very good, I don't think he has taken his police officer uniform off since his birthday. 
Knitting, the weather outside is still stormy, the rain has eased to light rain, but still most of the day, the winds are still much stronger than normal, so inside hobbies. 
 I am rather pleased with this sock, I love the colours, and whilst they are colourful, they are not too bright, the toe will be red, unless I change my mind and knit them grey. These will be my 2nd pair of Christmas socks, I am getting well ahead this year, but I have plenty to make. 
My pineapple on this plant is ripening, it is tiny, I am surprised it has ripened, but the radiator under my desk keeps it warm. I have cut the tips of the leaves off, they were going brown. I am aware the plant will die once the pineapple is ready. I purchased it back in September, it's fun to watch it grow.
 I have 5 small plants growing from the bottom, so I will repot them in the greenhouse, I can't decide if I should put them in 1 big pot or individually in 5 pots, they will have to come back inside, they need the warmth.  
I have not done anymore knitting to my cardigan, or sewn my rabbit together, we are having issues with our neighbours over trying to get the fence repaired, it was expected they would kick off, but the devious way she did, was nasty, again police involved, it's so sad when people can be so horrible, we only want to repair a fence so we can't see into each others gardens. So simple knitting for now, I've not started reading my latest book.
Sunday I cleaned the house, top to bottom as my mum would say, it was really dusty, but I had not given it a good clean for a while. I managed a small time in the greenhouse, got a few things done, to wet to be in the garden.
Today it's Monday and Will is coming over, we love having here with us, gives mummy time to get loads done, he is very happy to be with us, it's a shame we had to work for so many years, it would have been nice to have this much time with our other grandsons in their early years.

7 comments:

  1. I don't think I know anyone who's grown a pineapple before, what fun being able to watch it develop. It's always good to get a head start on your Christmas knitting, especially if you've got lots to do.I'm sure everyone will love their socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you're having problems still with the nasty neighbours, it's so horrible isn't it. I do empathise, we had problems for years with terrible neighbours when we lived up in the Midlands, made me feel unsafe and uncomfortable in my own home. Lovely pics of the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you're still having problems with your neighbour :( The fence between ours and our new neighbours has been blown down by the storms, but we're not bothered as it's not really worth trying to replace it until the weather gets better. It's their fence and we only rent our place. We were without phone or internet for 11 days due to the storms. It sounds idyllic having Will and George to visit. Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would pot them all individually.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you are having Neighbour Issues. None of us need that sort of stress in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those striped socks :-) Sorry you are having naeighbour issues again, can't be easy. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the stripey socks, they'll be a nice treat to open when santa delivers them.

    I've never seen a pineapple grow like that.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails