Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 17 March 2018

Waiting

Our Magnolia tree buds were hit by the recent cold weather
there are more buds forming, Spring is really here when the blooms are out. 
My Acer is budding, this is in a sheltered spot from the wind
 Love these Helleborus, pink one from last year
The creamy white, my reduced plant doing well.
 Seedling in the greenhouse
They are doing well undercover, I don't have any heat here.
I have loads of seeds ready to be started
 Some of my nasties, I'm loving the clay pots, not all of them gardening pots.
In the bottom right hand corner is a old cats water bowl, 
Balls of sunshine, good mixture in the garden
and a bunch inside.
My toes are tapping, and I have a huge itch, I so need to garden, it's always the same at this time of year. Each day I walk around my garden, checking for weather damage, watching wildlife and making notes on what needs doing. For the first time I am a bit ahead, normally I'm out at the weekend, weather permitting on catch up.
We are now watching the weather keeping everything crossed for the snow to pass us by. Our poor garden does not need any more snow, our spring flowers are looking brilliant.
I loved your comments on my green gardening post, we are all so very aware of the issues with plastic, we can't change the past, but we can rethink how and what we use when it comes to new purchases.
We started the shower cubical, and have made good inroads into the prep and the tiled walls look like new, saving us loads as we didn't need to replace. Hubby is doing most of the work, but I do jobs when required, and keep the tea flowing. We hope to have most of it done by Sunday evening, anything outstanding after that will be sorted the following Thursday.

4 comments:

  1. Loving the greenhouse; we have a plate in a cardboard box with a plastic bag next to the radiator for an early start on the chili peppers (but I am doubtful)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope those magnolia buds don't get damaged by the weather. It's trying its best to snow here, we've had flurries all through the night and throughout the morning but we get a thin layer and then it disappears again. We're forecast more snow over the weekend, I just hope it doesn't stay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking lovely in your garden. Some of our camelias had snow damage but thankfully they have survived and we have loads more on them now. The hellebores in our garden are so robust and they always fill me with delight at their resilience. We have had a small sprinkling of snow today, hopefully that will be all we get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My DH is getting all cross with the weather as he too wants to be outside in the greenhouse and garden, mother nature seems to have other plans at the moment with continued cold winds and frosty snowy weather.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails