Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 5 March 2018

So, what you doing

Reduced to £2, another hellebore for my garden
I am working on last years blog book
1st photo is the grids I use to edit 
2nd photo is finished page from this blog post 
I will purchase in November when the 50% discount is given.
This allows me to use the best quality paper, finish and a hard cover.
 These should be my sewing machine cover,
They sits in the lovely patchwork holder I made
but I now feel the need to get on with it. 
 I have read this book, I got it from a local charity shop for £1.50
The beginning was a bit confusing, but once you get past that, the story line is good. The author kept you thinking all through the book, and to confirm everything you had to read to the end. I will seek out more books for this author.
My new book club book arrived yesterday.
Yesterday afternoon I spent an hour in the greenhouse, I have planted on 3 different types of marigolds, these are doing well. The seeds in the 5 trays left in the greenhouse are beginning to show, as yet I have not started any more seeds, I need to wait a couple of weeks.
The hellebore above is now in a bigger pot, I want to see loads of new growth before I plant in my garden, it did have great roots.
I have started working on my hexagons over the weekend, I really want to get this cover finished, I am stitching the hexagons together to form the fabric required to make the cover, which I will then quilt. It is peaceful stitching, which I enjoy.
I am still full of cold and cough, on Saturday I found spots, should I blame Will, I only have a few, so I hope no more new bugs, I am finding sleeping difficult, the cough and resulting headache really is bad at night. Coughing fits have left me with achy muscles across my tummy, so feeling a bit down here.  I have tried to get out most days, and in a moment of weakness on Saturday I purchased two magazines, on crochet and sewing, both had useful gifts and a couple of patterns I can use. I spent most of my time reading and resting.
So very little change here, the excitement like the snow has gone,  just the count down to the new planting season.

7 comments:

  1. I don't make books from my blog but I do have photos printed off so that I can put them in an album, I just don't think it's the same looking at photos on a computer. I know we're in the digital age but I still like to sit and look through an actual album. Your sewing machine cover is going to be really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading and resting is the best thing, Marlene. Getting outside when the weather permits and when you feel up to it is good also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you manage to shift that cough and cold soon - rest up as much as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear you feel badly. We had that nasty cough thing and it took awhile to get well. I rested and drank tons of water!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent hellebore bargain, pretty colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better soon. I'm hoping to start planting very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These germs are really hanging around with everyone, I hope you are both soon feeling much better.
    Great hellebore bargain, I do love to see those in the winter.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails