Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 6 March 2018

Silence

This is from the reading club, as yet I have not started, I am a fast reader, so I will wait until later before opening it, I can finish a book in two days, and will read 2 or 3 books a week. So I will wait a while, so I finish this at the same time as other readers. 
Jo from Through the Keyhole, has had a book giveaway, which I have won, The food of Love by Amanda Prowse is completely new to me, but recommended by Jo. 

These are now a huge part of my life
I am really enjoying sign language, I use the BSL site most days, the pictures are simple and easy to follow, I have picked up extra words from this site. Sign language is different around the world, I am learning British Sign Language.
8 ladies meet every Tuesday late morning, we have an hour of instruction, then we chat and have lunch together. Shelia giving the instructions is not a tutor, she is deaf, but since she had her Cochlea implant she is now able to hear again, these meetings started as fun, with ladies some with hearing difficulties and other like me, just wanting to learn. We all have different ability levels, but it's fun, I look forward to going every week.
This week Shelia has changed the words from 12 days of Christmas, to 12 days of Easter, we had our first run this morning, I have never seen so many wiggly fingers, but it was great fun.  I feel I am learning loads of new things.
Plus I think at my age it's good to use my brain to learn something new, as my mum always said, 'use it, don't lose it'.
Each week I have loads of things to take, a A4 folder for handouts, my note book, Dictionary, glasses, tea bags (because I'm fussy), plus phone and purse. I always use my home made green bag, I love this bag and use it most times I pop to the shops. So often my stuff for class is left on the side, I also fumble around in the bottom of the bag for smaller items, so this week I am going to make a bag just for these items, with loads of pockets, I will look at my collection of tea towels from my stash. I have a picture in my mind too what I want, but as always it will evolve.
If it all works out I will post on it later in the week. I'm off now to check my stash, I might be gone for a while.

2 comments:

  1. I do hope you enjoy The Food of Love, I certainly did, though it does make for uncomfortable reading at times. I think it's great that you're leaning sign language, it's something I've always been interested in as my dad can sign. He worked with some people who were deaf and he used to go to a club with them for the deaf so he picked it all up from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine learnt sign language as she has lots of customers come into the shop from a deaf school and she wanted to surprise them, it worked.
    Looking forward to seeing your new bag.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails