Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 23 March 2018

New start

It's a start
 Knitting on the round, the markers are my starting point, I knit loose, so after doing my test piece, I am again using needles one size small than stated. I always knit to the back of the stitch, which creates a small twist, which looks nice and holds the stitch a bit tighter. This is Alpaca wool, it's soft and glides on my circular needles. I can't wear sheep's wool I have an allergy on Lanion, even soft lambs wool and baby wool irritates my skin. I dislike sewing my knitting together, so this design is perfect for me.
My week has changed from the plans I made. Tuesday, I did not go to sign class, with the tummy bug Will had infecting both his mummy and daddy, I decided to stay at home just in case I had the bugs. Wednesday, both daughter and SIL were both ill, so Will came to me for the day, we had wonderful cuddles and some play time. Thursday I went for my filling, I think the dentist thought I was nervous as he numbed the whole side of my face, which took most of the day to wear off. Hubby was working in the bathroom and did not require my help. The sink and pedestal was removed, listed on Facebook, and picked up by a local young couple. The gloss painting has been done, ready for the new sink to be installed today. Mummy and Will came over for the afternoon, both looking much better. 


A handy tip

We live in a hard water area, we have limescale on everything, it builds quickly, I have battled with it for years. Hubby saw this and thought he would give it a go, it works brilliant, I have used it on all our taps and fittings. I have checked and you can get it at Lakeland and on Amazon, it's not expensive, this is not a sponsor post, just my opinion, we will always keep a pot of this in our cupboard.

5 comments:

  1. I'm having my first crack at knitting in the round as, like you, I loathe making up my knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm exactly the same, I hate the sewing up so I always knit in the round if the pattern allows. Hope the family are soon over their bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I knit loosely too, Marlene. I have started a shawl in sport weight yarn (5ply) but I am wondering if I should've chosen needles one size smaller too. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love knitting in the round. I use a safety pin or a stitch marker I slipped on the knitting needle for the start and finish.

    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are a lot of bugs about, hope your family are all recovered now.
    I'm not a fan of sewing up garments either.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails