Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 31 October 2017

October gone

I came in just under budget, but spent more than predicted
the purchase of the walking foot was not budgeted at all. 
As yet I have not found the Christmas fabrics I am searching for, I still have a couple of places to pop to, I really do not want to take a chance on the net and end up with the wrong weight of cotton. 
I have portioned the leftovers from Sunday lunch, the beef was on discount for the larger pieces, so we purchased knowing we would have loads left over.
Monday's tea, beef roast, plus a bowl for Will who was on another sleepover.
 The turkey and stuffing are in the fridge, enough to make pie, 
again I will add cranberry sauce and palma ham. 
The beef will be used this week for meals. 
 Turkey carcass and left over veg, once the meat came away from the bones, I added the veg, warmed everything through and blended it. I am fussy with what veg I eat, but adding it to a soup, mixes the taste and I get to eat everything. 
 Four huge pots of good thick soup, which is perfect this week as our temperatures are dropping. These four cups will make three lunches for hubby and I. 
We are on a mission to clear the fridge this week, we have enough to ensure we should not require a big shop, hubby will make bread today.
Will had a good sleep over, we were up at six, bit earlier than normal, I put him in his travel cot whilst I had my shower and he is taking a nap, not sure how long he will be down, our sitting room looks like a toy shop, we have the morning to play together, then he is out with mummy to another baby playtime.
I have finished reading Dead Woman Walking, Sharon Bolton, she is a master of leading you wrong and then when she revels the true plot, it was there all along. I could not put the book down, hubby is now reading it. I am also reading letters from Father Christmas, J R R Tolkien, a dip into a long gone world of childhood in the 30's and 40's. It is the publication of letters to his children, I can dip into it as and when I want.
Whilst I was feeling under the weather, my steps dropped and honestly I was not too bothered, but yesterday I got to my target, so the plan will be a couple of walks today. These cold sunny crisp mornings are great time for walks.

5 comments:

  1. I always buy a bit larger joint than we need when beef is on offer as everyone likes the leftovers, either in sandwiches or as cold cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get a bit more organized with cooking again, i'm trying to finish what's left in the freezer and then do some batch cooking, never thought of using left overs to make soup (duh!!)
    Have fun with Will this morning, and good job on the steps :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are eating out of the freezer ready for a big shop to restock for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been stocking up food for winter so I don't have to go out on bad days. Our driveway is a bear to get up and down and I can stay in for days at a time rather than going out in the cold.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails