Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 29 October 2017

In the greenhouse

Free plants,

 I have 12 violets grown from roots taken from a huge plant in my garden, I want to plant these all along the front of my side garden, so they hang over the raised bed. Soon I will pot these on, to stay in the greenhouse all winter. I will then get another 12 root cutting to grow for my sister. 
 This is my Kiwi plant, grown from a seed, 
it took three attempts, bit it is now a nice size. 
 I was given this walnut tree and a small plant, it has tripled in size. 
 Not a free plant but a reduced daisy I purchased last month, it will stay in the greenhouse over winter, I have the perfect spot for it next spring. 
I love my nasties, I made a few mixed pots this summer, but again these will winter in the dry, they do not mind the cold, but hate to be cold and wet. 
 Geraniums, loads of different ones,
 in the spring I will take cutting to make more plants.  
 A close up of our back fence by my greenhouse, so full of colour, not alot grows here, my neighbour has four trees all in his back 9 foot of garden, they make a lovely backdrop for our garden, but stops most things growing. The table and chairs make a great workbench for me, when I am not sipping my tea. 
I am not planning to heat my greenhouse, I have a big plastic propagator, which I have placed on the raised bed inside, and a few of the delicate plants sit in it, when the real cold weather comers I can close the top to give extra protection. My citrus and olive plants both do well inside away from the frost.
It has been much cooler today, on my walk this morning the air had a bit of a chill, I do love cold sunny days.
We had a family lunch this afternoon, Will, mummy and daddy, plus daddies parents, we had been looking for a nice pub, but all the good ones were very busy, so we decided to eat at home and allow Will plenty of play area. We had our second turkey dinner, plus roast beef, Grandma and grandpa brought the desserts, rhubarb crumble, lemon meringue, so a huge lovely meal was had by all.
Will has been a bit out of sorts, we thing the clocks going back last night threw his routine, he has been tired most of the day.
We have a quiet night in together, and a lazy day tomorrow, we have so much leftovers we won't need to cook. I will be having Will again tomorrow, I do love our days together.
I have not done any more to the quilt, I hope to finish it this week, and then stitch the reading wigwam.

8 comments:

  1. I pop a plastic greenhouse inside my proper one too, it gives plants an extra bit of protection. I think the clocks going back must play havoc with babies and their routines, Archie barked for a whole hour for his tea, it's very hard to explain to a dog about clocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a lovely weekend. Frosty here yesterday. Have been sorting plants here too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love violets and grow a few here. I have started putting the geraniums in the greenhouse now for winter. We had our first frost today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to get more out of my greenhouse this winter. I hate leaving it empty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do remember how much a pain the time change was when I had little ones. I enjoyed seeing all the goodies in your green house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's getting chilly here too, the cat has decided its time to sleep inside during the day now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So you turn the clocks back too! We just turned ours back yesterday and that one hour seems to mess up my body clock. I don't like it!
    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your greenhouse looks fantastic, well done for getting so much propagated and protected.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails