Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 8 October 2017

My weekend

I have placed all the squares for Will's quilt
 Shopping for bargains again
 All planted up
 Down by the shed, hedgehog winter sleeping pad
Tidy blackberry vine. 
It's been a quiet weekend at home, my brother Martin has been with us and is now driving the 100+ miles home to Somerset.
We had a great meal out on Friday night, the burgers were good, the service not so good. Will enjoyed himself and tried some of everyone's food. I think we would go again, but in a couple of months to allow the service to settle.
Saturday we popped to B&Q, we required a new remote controlled extension lead for behind our TV,  we are unable to reach the sockets, so we like to use the remote control to turn everything off, our existing one was beginning to stick and not work every time. 
I got the yellow pot mums (6 plants) and the Sweet Williams (9 plants), in the sale for £5, both have been over watered, but will survive. Plus some more spring bulbs for a pot I am creating. £17 has been added to my stash list. 
We also popped to Home Bargains as there in not one in near to Martin, we did not require much, and did walk past all their Christmas stuff.
This morning I have spent an hour in the garden and greenhouse after watching Monty on the TV, I have cut back my blackberry and fanned the top branches.
I had stopped opening my greenhouse door, but on Monty's advice I am now opening the door again, I have covered a few of my cutting and delicate plants to ensure any cold does not get to them.
All the plants have been put into the garden, I am pleased with my bed in front of the greenhouse, it's full of colour.
I have also been building a hedgehog house, I won't know if it is used as I now won't disturb that section.
I want to stitch Will's quilt this week, so I have l;aid all the squares and now have them ready to stitch together. As I have said before I am not very good at random, so I prefer to laid the design out before stitching.

7 comments:

  1. The raised bed in front of the greenhouse looks lovely. We bought some winter pansies and wallflowers for our pots and wall baskets today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt looks lovely, you've chosen such pretty fabric. You do so well with your plant bargains, I find those which they are selling off can soon be revived with a little TLC so definitely worth picking up if you see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will's quilt is going to be so pretty. The plants all look good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the muted grey tones of the quilt. The flowers are beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quilt is going to be lovely. I can't do random either and always lay the blocks out, take a photo and let the pattern rest overnight. Only then do I sew, having made any changes. Looking forward to seeing the finished design. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your hedgehog home :-)

    We're not sure where ours go to hibernate; we have deliberately created many options in this garden for them, and the amount of "hedgehog poo" I find on the lawn tells me they are regular visitors, so I hope we have a resident too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great plant bargains. I hope the hedgehogs arrive in their new home.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails