Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 13 September 2024

Read, eat and plant

I love this author, she always creates a great story, and this was was a real page turner, I could not put it down, the strange tale of marring for money, it's a deal between them, just for a month, then they can go separate ways, he's rich and used to getting his own way. You think you know the story read the book, it was fantastic. Book 64 read this year.

I forgot my little note book with all the titles I have read when visiting our library, I thought this author was one I had read before, sadly same first name, this is 'chick lit', which I am not a fan of, it was cheesy and predictable, will they, won't they, I picked up another book by this author,  I won't bother to read it. Book 65 read this year.
I loved this book, it's very clever, the main character was just an ordinary bloke, living a very mixed up life, thinking he's on top of things, how wrong can you be. Book 66 read this year.
Recently at my favourite garden centre, I picked up a few more bulbs, the blue and purple iris and the snowdrops are for a small pot, the anemone's I do love, just not sure where they will go. I had popped in for coffee and cake with daughter and George, but had a wonder around the newly laid out spring bulb section.   
Sunday hubby used some old lemons we had for this delightful lemon cake, we have been enjoying a slice most days with our morning coffee. Less ingredients and sugar than purchased cakes.

I've not read much this week, my trip to the library, where I had forgotten to bring my read books list, I did not have much time and picked up 5 books, 1 I had already read, 1 by the same author which was chick lit and I chose not to read. I popped back to the library on Wednesday and got more books, it was market day, sunny and cold, not many stalls and I purchased nothing. 

I have picked up a large crochet project, it's a big granny square in shades of grey, I'm taking it easy as I have had cramp in my fingers, once I'm in the swing it should stop. I have a plan to make another Tunisian lap blanket, using more of my stash of 4ply yarn, I made one here, which I use each winter, this new one will be gifted to a fundraiser Christmas raffle, where loads of people our age will be attending.

The cooler temperatures are changing our habits, we have not sat outside for coffee breaks for ages, hubby has sorted and covered his BBQ, it's in the garage, he still likes to protect it. I still walk around the garden each day, there is less to do, next week I plan to sort the greenhouse so I can put a few tender plants inside, which is far earlier than previous years, soon I will pack away all my decorations (metal birds) along the fence shelf, then the wooden bench, chairs and table with be moved. Sadly other than the odd warm spell summer is ending.

8 comments:

  1. I think anemones may be my favourite flower. The rich colours are so beautiful.
    It is cold now and we put the heating on yesterday evening. This morning we have a fire - too early in the season, really, but I don't like being cold and can't move if I'm wearing lots of layers! 😆

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really busy preparing the raised beds with fym from where I have recently harvested. Must source some garlic and winter onion sets and some Spring cabbages this next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake looks delicious. It's making me feel hungry. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lemon cake does look delicious ... perfect with a cuppa.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read a few Beth O'Leary books and enjoyed them, we all like different things, which is good. I still haven't bought any spring bulbs. I planted a few in the ground last year but I'd like to plant more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I planted some anenomes this year but sadly they didn't flower. Just produced foliage. I bought some tulip and allium bulbs last week, but I must remember to plant them out. I forgot about my bulbs last year and they rotted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your lemon cake looks delicious and so much nicer than a shop bought one. I can't remember the last time I bought a cake myself and D does enjoy baking.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails