Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 1 September 2024

Bargains

 Friday I met a friend for lunch, we visited Stokes bay, it has a long flat pebble beach, the land across the water is the Isle of Wright, the water, The Solent is always very busy, we had a lovely walk and chat, we have not seen each other for a while, so it was good to catch up. 

Hubby got a grass for his front garden, the agreement was he would bear the cost, but I would be allowed to separate a small piece for my pond area. The deep root planters have a price of £10.99, in the 75% off sale, I paid £2.74, a bargain and useful as I didn't have enough this past spring. 
I wrote in my last blog about gardening gloves and got a couple of comments, I have worn these 'workman's' gloves from B&Q for a couple of years, they are not water proof, they are tough and thin enough not to hinder in any way. I purchased 3 pairs in May 2022, I keep one pair in the greenhouse the other two I use everyday. When they get too dirty, I wear them, squirt a bit of washing up liquid and wash my hands with them on, they always come back good. This is not a paid advert, just me saying what great gloves they are, if you want to get some, look in the electrical tool section at B&Q. The Traffi brand are very expensive and I truly can't say they are better quality, I would think they are both the same.


We popped to our favourite garden centre, a few weeks ago we got a reed diffuser, a refill and a candle, all lemon smelling for our downstairs bathroom, they were half price but still expensive, we both loved the smell and popped back to see if they had anymore. This time they were 75% off, we managed to get another candle and two refills, hubby went online and got another diffuser at full price, on the whole we have saved loads and our home smells wonderful, we have diffusers in both bathrooms and the two candles in our sitting room.

Hubby was looking at the grasses and stated he would like to change his front garden corner, it has loads of conifers, not trees, low shrubs, some are getting a bit ropey looking (his words). One I can use in my back garden, so he is sorting and then going shopping for more decorative grasses, he wants some taller ones, he is growing more to his front beds.

I was asked how the Shark vacuum cleaner was performing against my old Dyson, hubby and I have had a few chats, the Dyson had more brushes for different areas, it felt lighter, and the brush section was easier to manoeuvre. The Shark is quieter, it feels as if it picks up better, but that could just be my Dyson was old, I don't have a decent brush for the stairs, the feature which allows the arm to bend I won't use and the lights on the brush is unnecessary. Both are easy empty, the filters are easy to get at for cleaning, I don't regret getting the Shark, it was much cheaper than a replacement Dyson.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you found some good bargains at the Garden Center. The gloves look good, I might look out for some for me to use in the garden and at the allotment, especially when picking gooseberries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I buy bags of gardening gloves at carboot sales. I wear them gardening and around the smallholding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're canny shoppers. Middle daughter has a Shark. She's very pleased with it and her dog follows her and it everywhere, into every corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, I love the smell of lemon. I want to use your bathroom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. DIL has a Shark, she is very pleased with it.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. You found some great bargains. Going to see if I can find those gloves here in Canada. Might have to order on Amazon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get the brand 'site' which is sold through B&Q, 'Traffi' are so very expensive.

      Delete
  7. Was interested in your vacuum review. Will look at Shark next time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It always feels like a win, whenever something you intended to buy, anyway, is on sale. I'll be sure to take a look at those gloves, the next time I'm in B&Q.
    Thank you, also, for the Shark 'review'. I had a Dyson years ago, then I discovered a Vax, which has served me very well since. I've heard differing opinions on the Shark, but I will be keeping my Vax for now, until it eventually gives up. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Catch up time for me today.
    I always enjoy seeing your garden and the new pond is already looking good. One of our son's two cats is called Lola. New Lola looks a very pretty cat and I hope she settles in well with her new home. Have you had your DNA test back yet? It sounds a fun thing to do.
    Hope you have a great month in September, Marlene.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails