Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 5 November 2021

What a week

 Nursery photo's are online to choose a image of George, I love this one, it shows his fun, he is a cheeky happy little boy. I love how he plays, he is very inclusive with baby Molly and follows anything Will is doing, typical middle brother, loves music and cars. 

I found some reading time, this is the latest DCI Roy Grace book, set in and around Brighton, this is my 42nd book read this year, I have not read as many books as last year, it is nice to be out doing things again. The 1st book has been shown on TV with John Simms playing the lead role, I enjoyed watching it and hope they make more. This story line was brilliant, he kept you way into the story before he revealed important information.  
So our TV in the sitting room (it's the only TV we have) switched on looking like this on Tuesday evening, we checked everything, the TV is broken, so off we go to purchase another, this is 40 inches, we wanted the same size, 'why so small' asked the man in the shop, WHAT to me it's so big. So new TV and sound box, because our perfectly good sound box won't work on newer TV's.
I finally decided to get some buttons for my lovely cardi I knitted last year, I did not wear it last winter as we did not go out much. I like these simple buttons. 
I am livid, in 2 places on the button band the yarn has been chewed, Purdy our cat brought a mouse into the house and our bedroom, it was a while ago, hubby caught it and released it outside. I had found a couple things chewed in my wardrobe, this was stored in the same area. I am now unpicking the button band, which was knitted in one piece, in hope I have enough yarn to redo the band. I'm not happy. 

Hubby was away last weekend with a few motorbike friends, one messaged on Wednesday, he's positive for Covid, hubby tested negative that evening. We both had another test this morning, both negative, phew that was close. 

The past few of weeks I have spent loads of time at youngest daughters house, I have various sleep overs, which are fun but tiring, I will do everything I can to support my daughter, I get the bonus of being with her 3 young children, Molly's 1st year is much harder for her as George is not walking, so she has 2 in pushchairs and nappies. With Will and George she struggled to get pregnant, Molly she became pregnant much sooner than expected, I keep telling her by next summer things will improve. George want's now to be more independent, he wants to sit at the table and feed himself, which is really messy, but so good to see him improving, his signing is very good, he can ask for many things, including what he wants to watch on TV, he is making a good range of sounds and a few simple words, everyone is expecting him to speak when he is ready. George will now walk around the furniture, and will walk if you hold him up, daughter has been advised not to push him on his walking, his lower body strength is not great, he will walk, but he crawls on hands and feet, his knees don't touch the floor (a bit like big apes), and he is very quick. Will is loving school, which is good, most morning he will happily get dressed, have breakfast and go to school, he has not missed any days due to his operation, which happened in half term, his stitches are still showing, they will eventually fall out, he has no problems and the swelling is almost gone.  

We were in a shop this week and bloody Christmas songs was loudly playing, I muttered to hubby and a stranger walking past agreed, if they start to early we will become bored with them way before the big day. At home I never start playing them until 1st December, same with decorations, they come out on the same day. 

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely photo of George. Oh no, your poor cardigan, even more upsetting when you haven't even worn it yet. It's a good job you caught the mouse before it could do any more damage. Having young children close in age is very tiring, it's nice that you're able to help your daughter, she must really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous photo and it sounds like he is coming in in leaps and bounds. Bloody cat hahah I’d be rationing it’s treats!! Hopefully you can fix it in no time! I hate going to buy new tvs etc as the HG likes to look at every single one on offer before going to get the first one we looked at etc - it’s the same with all new electric things. I’m with you on Christmas- December for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely photograph of George.

    Undecided yet as to when the Christmas decorations will come out ... may do them the last weekend in November!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. George takes a lovely photo.

    So sorry about the mouse chewing the band on your knitting.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaagh ! I wont shop where they are playing annoying "Christmas music". I cant hear myself think , so I will go to another quiet shop . It must be horrible for their staff too .
    Sending hugs to your daughter ,she is doing really well ,you must be so proud of her and you are right, things will get easier by next summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've made me chuckle - I know we could do with replacing the TV which is incredibly old by current standards (more than a decade) and my eyes could do with the improved picture a newer screen would provide. I had a look online - the sheer SIZE of what is offered now - shakes head in disbelief ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I live in Brighton I love Peter James books because I know all the places that hem mentions. You'll enjoy that one, I did.
    Have a nice weekend
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How annoying to have your TV pack up like that (and why do they want to make everything SO big these days?), and then find that mouse damage (it is bad enough having mouse droppings, let alone gnawings).
    At least you can have enjoyable times with your lovely Grandies :) xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails