Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 30 June 2021

June roundup


 This month I have June's figures and the half year figures, both to me are important. 

Firstly June, I was doing well until I purchase the composter for the garden, but I am excited to see if we can reuse everything and send less through the council, and from January, I won't be paying for garden waste collection, already if you go to our local tip they charge you for your garden waste. Within 2-3 years it would have paid for itself, just on the council collection charges coming in next year. 

Half year figures, I'm still please with these figures, I am trying harder not to just purchase things, my crafting and garden has always been the place to spend money easiest. I am doing OK on clothes, but after not spending much for 3-4 years, I did get some bra's, I need to keep on-top of my underwear.

I will have a couple of refunds to show next month, the sandals I purchase has broken and I am awaiting a refund, and when I sell my wormery, I will deduct the amount from this list. 

This month has been expensive, we have paid to have the house rendered, and then the cost of paint, hubby purchased topsoil, manure, plants, and 3 new pots for the side of the house, I did not pop any of those cost on my list, as it is not my garden. We have also order a new bathroom floor, which will arrive and be paid for next month. 

No food waste, very little other waste, we not not purchasing much, too busy with the outside of the house. Still loving the too good to go M&S bags, so far we are able to eat most of what's in them. 

I don't want to comment about my weight, as much as I try (not that hard) I have popped on a couple more pounds, time to sit down and have a chat with myself. I have had a lingering tummy bug, thanks George, I'm hoping there will be a bit of weight loss. 

10 comments:

  1. It's interesting to keep a track and see where you're spending your money but I know I couldn't be so disciplined as to write it all down. I don't buy many clothes either, I abhor clothes shopping with a passion, but I do tend to buy bras, they never seem to last. I always go for M&S but the wires always end up poking out after not much wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised to hear that you have to pay for garden waste both for collection and at the tip. They should be paying you for the compost it makes. I'm sure the charges will come our way at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our local tip is charging for more items, I do agree normal garden waste is made into compost so it should stay free at point of collection.

      Delete
  3. I wish I could be so disciplined with keeping track of my spending, although I'm not spending as much now as when I was working. Owe are lucky that our garden waste collection by the council is free and collected every two weeks, our bin is usually full at each collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our collections are free until January, before then those wanting too use the system have to pay for a new 3rd wheely bin. We have already paid for our collection bags which won't be acceptable on the new system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We pay for collection but there's no charge if we take it to the recycling centre. I would have thought that to charge would encourage fly tipping.

      Delete
    2. Fly tipping has increased in the last year, since the charges have been in force, everyone is saying its stupid as the clear up is costing more.

      Delete
  5. We pay for garbage and recycling here and if it is something big that we need to take ourselves we pay extra to haul it to the area it needs to be put.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We used to have a compost-tumbler that was great once we got into the swing of how to use it properly (lawn clippings, sawdust, and household scraps, and, if I remember right, a handful of lime - it was a long time ago!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. ... hope your lingering tummy bug goes away soon.

    Happy July Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails