Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 7 June 2021

Sunny garden

Colourful blooms are opening around the garden, 
I love this time of year so much promise. 
As always pots rule here, all of the pots here are newly planted this summer, I did manage to get a few French Marigold seeds to grow for hubby, 
I love daises and in this pot they look good,
 it's under the Acer, so the colour pops out. 
I've planted my two long pots and whilst emptying the old pansies, I found these in one corner, next to the white Hellebore, There are 4 small seedlings, I don't want or need anymore white flowers, so if these grow I shall pass them on. 
Can you imagine my excitement as I watch these flowers on my lime plant, it would be lovely to have some fruit, sadly no flowers again on the lemon or orange plant. 
I planted out the bedding plants on Saturday, it was such a lovely sunny day, it was sad to pull up the pansies as they were still in bloom, some I put in another part of the garden, but my bedding plants were almost all pot bound, so they needed to go in. I spent some time sorting the new pots above, the garden should be full of colour this summer. 
We also moved the 2 water butts by the house, one we emptied and moved, it was half empty as it's always the 1st one I use, the 2nd we caught the water and popped it in the 1st butt, so not all of the rain water was lost. The big butt by the garage is full of rain water. The man started on the front of the house, and already it looks so much better, he will work on our house this and next weekend, he is really busy, but has fitted us into his schedule, he is a family member to our lovely neighbour and is happy to get us sorted, he says his work means he works 7 days a week often in the summer months. 
Sunday was dull, I was not too worried, a dull day after planting is always good, allows the plant to settle before the sun beats down, I had nothing to do, I did need to stay at home, hubby had a bike ride, so left at lunchtime, we/I had been invited to a BBQ, but declined, I do love a day at home to myself. I had just finished a book and had another to start, I should have got my sewing machine out and make cushions for our bed, but I was not in the mood. 
So it's Monday morning again and the start of another week, in a few weeks we will be half way through another year! hopefully our dull start will blow over and we will get another nice day, we are having a true English summer this year. 



5 comments:

  1. It's lovely to have a prolonged spell of good weather again, I'm hoping that it lasts, although storms seem to be in the forecast which isn't surprising with it being so warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden will be so pretty with all that colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much wonderful colour in your garden. Love it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really interested in the lime plant - what do the flowers look like? Did you start him from a pip?? You are a clever sort!

    I agree, a day at home on your own is a luxury not to be wasted - I'm glad you spent it as you wished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I purchased this as a small plant, I did grow a pip into a plant, but it did not survive a winter. I have Lemon and Orange plant both grown from pips.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails