Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 15 December 2019

WIP's

I have finished The Sentence is Death, at one point I almost gave up reading this book, but I stuck with it until the end, I don't think I will look for another book written by Anthony Horowitz, the style of writing was not for me. 
Jojo Moyes always is a good read, and makes my reading total so far at 60 books. 
 I have packed my sewing machine away, and sadly nothing more was done on this bag, it's high on my list of things to finish in January. 
 I'm on my last ball of yarn for this blanket, when it is finished I will ask my daughter to take it, and give it to a friend who had a daughter back in November. I do love the colours, but I won't use it and I don't want it shoved in a drawer. 
 Socks, these are not a gift, but I am hoping I can finished them by 25th, they are for my daughter, I have not said anything to her, so if I don't get them done in time, it does not matter.
 I have been watching loads of video's on nails being decorated, I don't like the nails where they add beads and other stuff, those would defiantly not be my style. I went online and got some strips to edge the different colours, so now I am playing. 
The items above are ongoing projects, not things which have been stuffed into drawers, hiding and shaming my lack of finishes.
Thank you for your comments on my last post, I did enjoy making the denim cushions, it will be a lovely keepsake for my brother Martin, the whole time I was thinking about my brother Mel, I spent most of my younger life looking up to both brothers. There is so much fabric in a pair of jeans, even if the front knee area is worn, the back sections will be good fabric, it does stitch together well.
I'm up early, Will does not sleep in, it's just before 7am and we have loads s of cars and duplo out, it's going to be a long day, so I'm starting with a strong coffee.

6 comments:

  1. Do show us your nails when you have been playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails are great. I'm always in shock at some youngster nails these days, they have such long acrylics how do they cope with everyday things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been awake since 5.45 without any little ones waking me up, I go through phases where I'm unable to sleep. Lots of lovely projects on the go. I'm like you, I can't have things lingering too long otherwise it drives me mad, I don't mind how long a project takes me to finish, even years, but I couldn't have them left lying around without me working on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of WIP's here. So many I am ashamed of myself. I hope to get a few done by the end of the year.

    Love the socks.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get up early all week and don't look after any of the grand-kids at the weekend, so have a lie in on a Sunday :-)
    I'm sure your daughter's friend will love and appreciate the blanket. I'm trying to get all the things that only need a little bit done to finish them before the end of the year,I would like to start the new year afresh. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had a lovely catch up read.
    Your tree looks super and isn't George so gorgeous, what a lovely big brother Will is. The blanket looks snuggly and will be a very welcome gift i'm sure.
    I hope you are feeling somewhat brighter in your mood, its hard sometimes to shake off the yeucky feeling. I've found it incredibly hard these past couple of months and new issues have made it harder these past couple of weeks.
    Time spent with family and grandchildren always puts a smile on my face too, that gentle {hug} they give feeds us so lovingly.
    take care Marlene, I think of you often even when I am not reading daily here. x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails