Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 18 December 2019

Victoria Park.

I love parks, and this one in the heart of Portsmouth, is a favourite of mine. The main dual carriage runs past one side, and when you look up, the city buildings are everywhere. It's near the bottom of Portsmouth so there are lovely old red brick buildings everywhere, even on a wet winters day, I love it. 


I used the park and ride again to go into Portsmouth, its so much cheaper, and it has lovely big parking spaces. I had lunch out with some more old work friends, we normally eat in a cafe in the corner of the park, but on Tuesday they had a private function, so we walked to the waters edge (The Hard)  and had lunch in a good old fashioned pub, it was wonderful food, loads of laughs and loads of gossip. A perfect way to spend a dull wet afternoon, it was too wet to go to the big shopping area at Gun Wharf Quays, I have nothing I need.
Monday we spent at daughters house looking after Will and George, mummy had a hair appointment, we enjoyed cuddles and loads of laughter.
This afternoon I am meeting eldest daughter for coffee, it will be good to catch up with her. Tomorrow I'm having my hair cut, but before I will add some highlights at home, I have had the colour for ages, once used, I don't think I will get anymore and turn grey over time.

7 comments:

  1. I enjoy parks too and it's nice to get out when we can at this time of year. Enjoy your afternoon with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely park.

    I am letting my hair go grey as well. Each year the "grey" highlights seem a bit more profuse.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marlene, sorry to have been AWOL, but having a blog catch-up today.

    Life blunders on here. Some days are better/worse than others. This week contains mostly (all) worse ones and I have been looking back at February posts, and the kind and thoughtful comments I received from you all. So I just wanted to say "thank you" again. You made so much difference, you will never know quite how much. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do understand the power of comments to lift spirits, and often read a comment here to lift my moods.

      Delete
  4. Your photos bring back happy memories of taking young nieces to play in that park so I thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to be able to meet up with friends in such a pretty area.
    I remember the huge shock I had when my aunty retired from work and stopped dying her hair - she looked like a different person with her white hair. That is why I think it is nicer to just age with the years, and I have been letting my own hair do just that - although I prefer to say it is going silver rather than grey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed seeing your park photographs.
    I always enjoy a walk in the park, so nice to be out in the fresh air, when the weather isn't too wet and windy!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails