Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 6 December 2019

More legs

7 pairs of Jeans

 Couple of zips
I have had these jeans for ages, most are good quality, when my older brother Mel lost his battle with cancer years ago, I kept his jeans to make a keepsake for my brother Martin, I have made myself cushions before with old jeans, seen here. My brother Martin has a new sofa, so it's time for me to use the denim and make him 2 large cushions, this will be a Christmas gift from me to him. I can show this here, blogging does not interest him.
Yesterday hubby was sorting our small attic space, he does it every year after we get the Christmas decorations out, I now have a huge space in my fabric stash, not that I plan to purchase any more, I still have more fabric than I can use.
So today the sewing machine is out, I have cut the legs off and will have 28 strips of denim to use, they will be square, with a black velvet back, I hope to have them finished and under my tree by the end of the weekend. As yet I have not decided how I will stitch them together, or even if they will be matching cushions, the design desions will be made as I work with the colours of the denim.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea for a keepsake, I'm sure you're brother will be pleased, and your other brother who is no longer here would approve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jo, what a lovely idea. Favourite clothes can hold wonderful memories, Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely keepsake for your brother.

    I love using denim for quilts of all sizes.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails