Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 4 December 2019

Hello old friends

New this year, all our 7 grand sons







Most of these decorations are years old, very old friends who visit every December, I still have my 1st tree topper, a fairy used in 1973, I don't put her out any more, she is very delicate, but I do love to keep her. I did buy a few things this year, but did not spend too much, again I sent stuff to our charity shop, but I am using most of my decorations, I do have too many, but I am happy to spend time arranging them.
The small tree by our motorbiking Santa, has a photo of each of our grandsons on their 1st Christmas, normally I put them on our big tree, but they are often unseen, they look better on the smaller tree.
I am a pagan, I do love trees, ivy, berries and have them in all my displays. Christmas has arrived in our house, I hope I can find festive spirt soon.

6 comments:

  1. Your tree looks lovely, I prefer to see a tree decorated in ornaments that hold memories. I have a lot that I haven't put out this year, im not ready to send them to the charity shop but I might have a good sort through and put the in another storage box, you never know, I might fancy putting them out another year :-) I do hope you find your festive spirit soon and. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's so many memories attached to the old decorations, it's always fun to get them out and see them again. We haven't got our tree up yet, I don't think we'll be trimming up until next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you have kept your tree fairy. I have a star with bells hanging from it that my mother always used on top of the tree when we were children. I have no idea how old it is, and it is definitely a bit tatty now but still holds precious memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My oldest ornaments are my favourites as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw a pop up shop last week doing the pottery decorations where you can have them personalised. They are lovely keepsakes. I've bought some decorations that you put a photo in. I just need to sort them. Your home is lovely and Christmassy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tree looks very nice and it's always so nice to use older ornaments, those made by the children etc. they can somehow mean more and hold precious memories.

    We are doing our decorations this weekend - I'm looking forward to it :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails