Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 17 October 2012

I'm so excited




My knitting is really growing, 25" or 64cm, which ever you prefer, well over half way, I want it to be big, so I will use all the wool in my giant ball, I am using a pillow in side, cut down to a square, I always keep a few spare for use as stuffing, this will wrap around and have huge buttons on the back. So you can see why my stitching has come to a halt.
 My book came today, Florentine Embroidery by Barbara Muller, I got it from Amazon, it was not cheap, I had to pay £20.00 for it, but it is out of print and there are not many around, I have seen it on sale for over £40.00, so I was pleased with the price.
 The patterns inside are great, I love  projects which fill the material with stitches, this is all different length long stitch, so it is quick to sew. I want to use my silks (Floss) and have a neat shiny finish.
 Here is a cushion I have had for about 10 years, for ages it was in the spare chair, but now it lives on my spare bed, I purchased it as a kit, it's stitched with crewel wool, I love the colours, and the balance of the pattern. I am going to have another look at my waiting in the wings, and re access what I am doing next.
The weather has been very kind in the past couple of days, heavy rain at night, but cool sunny days, so I have walked in my lunch break, it's a bit dark to cycle after work, so we must plan a trip on the weekend.

Well I waited and Blurb, who I have my second year book for this blog has sent me another discount for my next book, so over the weekend I will give it it's final 2/3 reads to ensure all is OK, I don't want to see loads of mistakes once in print.

1 comment:

  1. Your knitting is lovely - can't wait to see that finished. Like your cushion too - the colours are really nice :) Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails